West Ham

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

West Ham

Post by T-Block » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Moyes

Really?

Looks like West Ham have decided to be relegated.

I actually laughed out loud

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: West Ham

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Is he really a terrible manager though ?

Did a very good job at Preston and Everton. So-so at Man Utd, but taking over from Fergie was always going to be tough. Don't know much about his time at Sociedad and he was clearly awful at Sunderland, but overall his managerial record isn't bad.

I think they could have done better and doubt he's the right fit for West Ham, but I'm not sure he's the accident waiting to happen that many seem to believe.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Eastendes are never happy, they could have Mourinho and still moan.

I picked up kits and merchandise from West Ham for a while a few years back, never heard so many moany whiny east London parasites.

Should have bulldozed green street & Upton Park years ago.

Fuc*ing glad they're struggling & stuck in a athletics stadium, got what they deserved.

They moaned big Sam out of the club, wonder if they regret that now!

They have this delusional belief that they should be playing a certain brand of football & should be attracting entertaining players that can play the West Ham way.

An fa cup in 80 & league cup in 81, 36yrs without a proper trophy & they still think they have a brand of foootball it's laughable.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm

1-0 down 6-1 up we knocked Westdam out the cup!! Stick it Garnet!! :twisted:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am

The way the various league tables are looking, we could have a lot of derbies next season. West Ham, Palace, Charlton, Brentford, Fulham and Millwall.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 am

Where I live, my local derbies are Villa, Wolves, Birmingham, Burton, Forest & Derby :lol:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:43 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am
The way the various league tables are looking, we could have a lot of derbies next season. West Ham, Palace, Charlton, Brentford, Fulham and Millwall.
Can't wait to see us outclassed again home and away by Brentford and Fulham with at least one spanking to the tune of 0-4/0-5/1-6, go down by the odd goal at Charlton with them propping up the table and winless for three months, get duffed up at Millwall and whatever else. With at least one humiliation to local rivals on a Friday night in front of Sky's cameras, rearranged the night before, and the Lower Loft half-empty.

Still in a foul mood about the Forest game - apologies for the dark cloud! Football's like drinking really - impossible to imagine living without, but essentially a depressive (or at best manic-depressive) drug.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

stainrod's elbow
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

I picked up kits and merchandise from West Ham for a while a few years back, never heard so many moany whiny east London parasites.

Fuc*ing glad they're struggling & stuck in a athletics stadium, got what they deserved.

They have this delusional belief that they should be playing a certain brand of football & should be attracting entertaining players that can play the West Ham way.

Why 'delusional'? I still have this deranged idea myself that the Rs should play passing, creative football with at least one maverick genius in the no. 10 shirt in the best traditions of the club. I'd say it's the other way round: the real sadness is how it tends to be really just the fans who preserve a sense of the 'soul' of a club, if at all, now that we live in times when club crests, colours, shirts and stadium names can be jettisoned, loaded with logos or sold to the highest bidder.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 am

westlondonlalala wrote:

Sounds kind of close to home
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

kernowhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:42 pm
1-0 down 6-1 up we knocked Westdam out the cup!! Stick it Garnet!! :twisted:
Ah yes. I remember that one. A replay, I think, after a draw at Upton Park. I think Pop Robson scored their goal and was Mervyn Day in goal? Still with the habit of advancing with play and standing way out of his goal, despite the ball having been lobbed over him and into the net in a game not long before?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Only saw the first half of tonight’s match v Watford. How is Andy Carrol still on the field ?
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

Why 'delusional'? I still have this deranged idea myself that the Rs should play passing, creative football with at least one maverick genius in the no. 10 shirt in the best traditions of the club. I'd say it's the other way round: the real sadness is how it tends to be really just the fans who preserve a sense of the 'soul' of a club, if at all, now that we live in times when club crests, colours, shirts and stadium names can be jettisoned, loaded with logos or sold to the highest bidder.
nailonhead :like

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm

222gers wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am
A lot depends on which division we are in.
I