Where will it all end?

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Where will it all end?

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Surely at some point this will destroy the game -as we currently know it- in this country? You can't keep shriveling the roots and expect the plant to flourish indefinitely....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ix-tv-cash
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Where will it all end?

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:45 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Surely at some point this will destroy the game -as we currently know it- in this country? You can't keep shriveling the roots and expect the plant to flourish indefinitely....

And yet, laughably, Liverpool are complaining about Sky TV's plans to move their Xmas game ! Do they realise how hypocritical this makes them look ?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Did you read and understand the article?

At the moment clubs have agreed that for UK TV 66% is shared depending on where they finish in the league and 34% shared equally.

The proposal is that 35% of the international TV is shared depending in where teams finish in the league and 65% shared equally.

It seems to me that clubs should mirror the split according to the current domestic split so the proposal is quite generous based on the existing principle of money sharing.

But that view wouldn't make good copy so it's positioned in a way of unfairness so people can say 'I object, this isn't fair'

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Did you mean to sound condescending or did it just come across that way? Genuine question - not looking for a barney...

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:43 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Did you mean to sound condescending or did it just come across that way? Genuine question - not looking for a barney...
Wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong as the article didn't seem controversial to me, as it was for you. So more of a question really.

But can see now how it could come across in a bad way as it was a bit blunt. But was dealing with all sorts yesterday in work and was in p1ssy mood, soz.

giveup giveup

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:43 am
Bear-Grills wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong as the article didn't seem controversial to me, as it was for you. So more of a question really.

But can see now how it could come across in a bad way as it was a bit blunt. But was dealing with all sorts yesterday in work and was in p1ssy mood, soz.

giveup giveup
No worries