League Cup!

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

League Cup!

Post by Caroline » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:02 am

I'm sure this has probably been done before... but I'm interested to know people's thoughts on the League Cup (or whatever it's called these days! The Haribo Cup..?!)

I'm finding Mourinho and Guardiola's comments a bit insulting really. I can see why the competition would be an annoyance with them being in Europe, but don't they understand that for "smaller" clubs (especially those in L1 and L2) it can be a rare opportunity to actually play against those big teams. When QPR had been out of the Premiership for several years I was absolutely yearning for a great tie in the Cup - it was so exciting to get Man Utd away in the League Cup in 2008... didn't matter that we were likely to lose, it was just great to visit Old Trafford - a first for me.

Is a League Cup minus the European-competiting teams a possibility? That would be very sad. I'm sure the "bigger" clubs involved take it seriously once they get to the semis, and possibly the quarters... so that only means two inconvenient games surely (3rd & 4th rounds), given they start at the third round.

I'm rambling a bit now...! Interested to know what the general feeling is though!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: League Cup!

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 am

This would be the same Guardiola who has complained that there's no bridge between U23s and first team football so they've bought into a Spanish team :roll: