Redknapp sacked!

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Redknapp sacked!

Post by beaglebum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Wow I didn't see that coming after only 8 games and all those summer signings!

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Redknapp sacked!

Post by deadendjob » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 am

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am

I was wondering where this was going to end up last night, here or General.

Despite this being firmly Birmingham's problem, how we can now laugh at their demise. :lol:

Ever since the new owners chose to prove they knew absolutely f*** - all about football by getting rid of Gary Rowett we've watched them spiral out of control to where they're destined. Zola and now Redknapp but frankly who cares?

We've mentioned on here many moons ago but the Trevour Francis / Trevour Hockey years when they inflicted serious damage on most teams with their "robust" style of play. Well, it may have taken 35 -40 years but they're clearly now getting what they deserve. naughty

On a wider note, nothing personal against HR but it seems the days of long lost experienced older managers have had their day. We saw this 3 or 4 years ago with the freshness of style of the likes of Eddie Howe and the like, just what a HR type of figure has other than the ability to blag their way into a job based on history and experience. To be honest I don't give a flying fig just how/why HR always has to leave home @ 5.30 every morning. Just why is this relevant. My boss never asks me what time I leave home to do my job but just because Harry lives on the South Coast and chooses not to live in the City he works, just how is this relevant to the rest of us? Especially with his team failing to miserably maybe his mantra should have been " I've moved up to Birmingham to fix it until it's sorted"

Happily too we had the mantra of "these players aren't fit or willing to work for Birmingham FC" ( but they were good enough for Rowett Harry ) so I'll get rid of them all and replace them with another 13 who, guess what - it turns out they too are not worth, fit, or willing to play for the shirt. Well therein lies the rub Harry, their your players and you disowned them.

So, in a nutshell, I have nothing but wishing Birmingham and their supporters the very best, what ever they get they fully deserve. Hopefully their debt and demise will continue.

Next on the list, that similar Mr Teflon, "I don't know what I'm doing here" Hodgson. He and Parish are clearly a marriage made in heaven and we can wish them nothing but the very best as they spiral out the premiership - finger crossed.

Its a young mans game Wroy and your old enough to know better, mind you the £100K a week makes it painless I guess....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:22 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am
To be honest I don't give a flying fig just how/why HR always has to leave home @ 5.30 every morning. Just why is this relevant. My boss never asks me what time I leave home to do my job but just because Harry lives on the South Coast and chooses not to live in the City he works, just how is this relevant to the rest of us? Especially with his team failing to miserably maybe his mantra should have been " I've moved up to Birmingham to fix it until it's sorted"

Happily too we had the mantra of "these players aren't fit or willing to work for Birmingham FC" ( but they were good enough for Rowett Harry ) so I'll get rid of them all and replace them with another 13 who, guess what - it turns out they too are not worth, fit, or willing to play for the shirt. Well therein lies the rub Harry, their your players and you disowned them.
nailonhead
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, the 5.30am starts but never seen at the training ground unless the cameras are there.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:10 am

I've always thought that HR was as good as his assistant. Hence when McLaren was with him we did well. Strikes me as a lazy manager. Sorry that he's been sacked though. Would've liked him to hang on a bit longer. They might get someone in to save them now.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Redknapp sacked!

:D :D :D :D

The Birmingham owners continue to show they have no understanding of football, and so I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer Ray Wilkins the job in tandem Brian Robson.

As for Harry ... He has had a career built on hype and hot air. Media Darling! Pah! Six defeats in a row after spending £14,000,000 in the window. Being sacked couldn't happen to a more worthy candidate.

If Birmingham's owners are serious about moving forward ... They could try and get Gary Rowett from Derby County. Oh hang on though! :oops:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Just read that the owners felt "uncomfortable" with his commitment living in Sandbanks and driving to BFC every day

so would I........

I'm just thinking if he were living in the Midlands and signed a player from London area he's expect them to move...?
Although Keane got away with playing for Man U and being in his local just outside Dublin for 10.00 on a Saturday night

what do I know.....
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).