JFH Cobblers new manager

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: JFH Cobblers new manager

Post by loonee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:13 am
old pauline wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 pm
He did seem to lose his way but let's not forget that his hands were tied to an extent by what he inherited, what he was forced to get rid of and the money (or lack of) that he was given to work with. I'd like to see any other manager make a team out of the likes of Gladwin and Emmanuel Thomas. IN fairness he got Polter, Luongo, Karl Henry, Shodipo and Hall playing very well.
He had a full pre-season, results & performances were not improving.

But let's not kid ourselves we all know full well the undercover report was the end of him!
Certainly seemed to produce what i still consider an unreasonable and over the top response from yourself, not sure everyone that matters would have had the same opinion, but I guess the vocal fans got their wish, however the sacking still hasn't actually achieved anything notable yet.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 am

I spoke to him for quite a long time when he was over in Holland for the pre-season. He really does have a good knowledge of the game and his ideas of how he wanted to play were completely different from what we saw on the pitch. So either he couldn't get it across to the players or the players couldn't execute what was asked of them. I tend to think that a bit of both were true.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 am

loonee wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
old pauline wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:13 pm
He did seem to lose his way but let's not forget that his hands were tied to an extent by what he inherited, what he was forced to get rid of and the money (or lack of) that he was given to work with. I'd like to see any other manager make a team out of the likes of Gladwin and Emmanuel Thomas. IN fairness he got Polter, Luongo, Karl Henry, Shodipo and Hall playing very well.

But let's not kid ourselves we all know full well the undercover report was the end of him!
Certainly seemed to produce what i still consider an unreasonable and over the top response from yourself, not sure everyone that matters would have had the same opinion, but I guess the vocal fans got their wish, however the sacking still hasn't actually achieved anything notable yet.
We stayed up I see that as an achievement, Ollie took over a right shambles of a team devoid of any self confidence & direction.

I'm not so certain JFH would have kept us up, but I guess we'll never know.

Like you say it must have been a majority decision both vocally from fans & in the boardroom.

So I guess I wasn't alone in wanting a change.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 am
I spoke to him for quite a long time when he was over in Holland for the pre-season. He really does have a good knowledge of the game and his ideas of how he wanted to play were completely different from what we saw on the pitch. So either he couldn't get it across to the players or the players couldn't execute what was asked of them. I tend to think that a bit of both were true.
I liked Hasselbaink as a pick and thought he should have stayed. But ultimately it's his job to communicate the tactics and to pick tactics that suit the players. Of course, with more time he might have got them there.
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:58 am
loonee wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 am
westlondonlalala wrote:

We stayed up I see that as an achievement, Ollie took over a right shambles of a team devoid of any self confidence & direction.

I'm not so certain JFH would have kept us up, but I guess we'll never know.

Like you say it must have been a majority decision both vocally from fans & in the boardroom.

So I guess I wasn't alone in wanting a change.

I really don't think Holloway deserves any credit for keeping us up, those were disastrous runs of form, the latter noteworthy for the utterly bizarre tactics and team selections. We were not that bad a squad of players. Hopefully, this season is completely different, it's started with some promise that we might again find ourselves snuggled into mid table mediocrity.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm

I really miss having JFH as our manager

.....said no QPR fan ever.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 pm

More like "JFH OLD Cobblers Manager".
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

White Duck wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm
I really miss having JFH as our manager

.....said no QPR fan ever.
I certainly missed him when Holloway was going on long runs of losses.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Some people will always find it easier to see the world as black or white. Same as it ever was.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:18 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 pm
Some people will always find it easier to see the world as black or white. Same as it ever was.
Once in a lifetime.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wow..

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:18 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Once in a lifetime.
:lol:

I was going to say that, instead i got distracted then found myself putting TH on spotify several hours later.