Redknapp

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Redknapp

Post by beaglebum » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm

I see he is busy again buying ex premier players. Alex Song and Jack Wilshire are the latest player they are linked with. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting when he was our manager and the likes of Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar and Benayoun were being signed, although none of them set the world alight for us.

But he pisses me off in as much as he can never unearth gems from the lower leagues but instead has to get the big names and no doubt in the big salaries. Lets see if he works his miracles again at Birmingham or leaves them in a financial mess.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Redknapp

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:17 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm
I see he is busy again buying ex premier players. Alex Song and Jack Wilshire are the latest player they are linked with. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting when he was our manager and the likes of Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar and Benayoun were being signed, although none of them set the world alight for us.

But he pisses me off in as much as he can never unearth gems from the lower leagues but instead has to get the big names and no doubt in the big salaries. Lets see if he works his miracles again at Birmingham or leaves them in a financial mess.
...well...it is so easy getting famous players and pay crazy money for them to join....
if he could manage to find good players from the lower leagues it would mean that he knows about football, something that I doubt
after watching him for two seasons at LR

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:23 pm

He's also signed Jason Lowe from Blackburn and the two from Brentford, the latter two we could have done with.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:26 pm

willesdenr wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:23 pm
He's also signed Jason Lowe from Blackburn and the two from Brentford, the latter two we could have done with.
probably on big salaries. Once again, he has more kudos because of who he is with players. But like I said, I wasn't moaning when he was signing players for us.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:26 pm

Can't believe Jota wants to ply his trade in that hole I guess they're gonna pay him a fortune.

Another one on the bees conveyor belt making them 6 times what they paid for sum1.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Yes, indeed Arry, the media can't wait to put him and Transfer deadline day together

I was going to start a thread on here regarding this - made a start but couldn't get the gist of what I wonted to make a point about as I thought it was simply sour grapes. Clearly not just me thinking this.

First off he's had his "squad" and survived relegation by the skin of his teeth. He's played with the same squad and following a loss the other week basically disowned them. I think there's a big difference here, Warnock for example - gave me the impression at least - that his approach was "we're all in this together" whereas Arry is happy to disown them and expect his Chairman to back him with cash.

As he said this morning on Talksports phone interview, he's been backed its up to him to make something of it.... which is kinda where we come in

When it was us splashing the cash we very soon got some bad press, a few more losses, a couple of walkouts etc and suddenly your clubs name is mud.

Is it just me that hopes the very same happens to Birmingham. God knows it's deserved. About time another club inherited the mantle. Having said that the kind of money being paid for very, very average centre forward is eye-watering. Quite how Newcastle will be able to sustain Premiership status remains to be seen, but underneath it all rather that than splashing cash on poor, greedy players. If Dwight Gale does switch this evening to a Championship club, pity them for playing poker with their club.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 pm

Our own Mr Holloway is pretty quick to point the finger too. But Redknapp is the worst offender. He's an absolute f***** charlatan.

pigbagQPR
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by pigbagQPR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:17 pm
beaglebum wrote:

...well...it is so easy getting famous players and pay crazy money for them to join....
if he could manage to find good players from the lower leagues it would mean that he knows about football, something that I doubt
Forgotten already that it was Harry who signed Charlie Austin from the lower league?

LBLOCK
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LBLOCK » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:17 pm

He did sign Chaz.... long, long, long after his first, second and third choices had gone elsewhere

Don't fall for the media tripe that Harry knows football players. He don't even know tactics -- not even the spearmint ones.

If there is a football God then Birmingham will implode as a club and a City (taking Villa and Big Racist John with it)
All your dreams are made when you're chained to the mirror and a razor blade

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 pm

pigbagQPR wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:06 pm
Giorgio wrote:
beaglebum wrote:

Forgotten already that it was Harry who signed Charlie Austin from the lower league?
Hard to forget something that didn't happen

Redknapp signed Austin from Burnley, who were in the same division as us at the time and he had a ~1 in 2 goal scoring record. Hardly unearthing a gem. Although was, without doubt, a good signing.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:42 pm
pigbagQPR wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:06 pm
Giorgio wrote:

Hard to forget something that didn't happen

Redknapp signed Austin from Burnley, who were in the same division as us at the time and he had a ~1 in 2 goal scoring record. Hardly unearthing a gem. Although was, without doubt, a good signing.
And quoted that Chaz's dad pleaded with him many times to sign him when he was with Poole. But he never did and he ended up at Swindon etc. He had the chance to sign an unproven gem but decided against it. Harry is a cheque book manager.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:41 pm

He's not fit to comb Warnocks Barnet.

34 years of management - 1 FA Cup, 1 first & third div title & 1 promotion with Qpr.

4 pieces of silverware in 34yrs, spunked god knows how much in that time & left a few teams nearly out of business.

Granted he nearly died and it was a tragedy what happened but I still don't know why everyone in football has likened him to the godfather all these years & blown smoke up his arse.

He's as bent as a nine bob note, talks a good game but has never delivered.

Warnock on a shoe string at Cardiff or Arry & the dollars at Birmingham, I know who my money is on.

QPR1976
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Funny how the fans of most clubs he's managed have such a low opinion of him.
West Ham
Portsmouth
Southampton
QPR
Even Tottenham ! Ask them.

Good luck Birmingham

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:36 am

Those silly wankers at Birmingham think they've hit the big time and won't be told what's coming. It's farcical he still gets work. I agree Warnock is a far better manager, however, he isn't quite as shoestring as is made out. I'd wager that Cardiff have a pretty serious wage bill, he certainly had some decent backing with us and he did spend terribly in the top flight. He has also been accused of some nefarious dealings.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:36 am
Those silly wankers at Birmingham think they've hit the big time and won't be told what's coming. It's farcical he still gets work. I agree Warnock is a far better manager, however, he isn't quite as shoestring as is made out. I'd wager that Cardiff have a pretty serious wage bill, he certainly had some decent backing with us and he did spend terribly in the top flight. He has also been accused of some nefarious dealings.
The ownership fiasco ended any chance Warnock had of making a success of Qpr in the premier league, blame Flabio for that.

Neil wanted graham routledge Williams from Swansea, Bellamy scott Parker, he just coudnt physically sign a player until a few days before the big kick off, had he not of signed the likes of Barton & SWP we would have been relegated before December.

Cardiff only actually paid a fee for three players this season totalling around 5m the rest are free's so I doubt the wage bill is even in the top half of championship clubs.

Harry I believe has spent around 17m god only knows what the wage bill is for that lot.