Celtic fans..

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Post Reply
User avatar
RNB
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am

Celtic fans..

Post by RNB » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 am

Anyone see those clips on YouTube of Celtic fans when playing Sunderland I think, singing about the death of Lee Rigby ?
ok we can harp on all day about scum supporters of other clubs....but this was totally over the top... :oops: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 6918
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am

Do England fans still sing 'No surrender to the IRA' when you play Ireland?

User avatar
Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 14945
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Devizes

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Don » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am
Do England fans still sing 'No surrender to the IRA' when you play Ireland?
What's that got to do with anything?
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3599
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by 222gers » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:51 pm

I often find myself humming the adagietto for strings from Mahler's fifth symphony at home games.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19528
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm more of a Brandenberg Concerto man myself (Tautology intended). :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 6918
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Don wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am
Do England fans still sing 'No surrender to the IRA' when you play Ireland?
What's that got to do with anything?
Republican Celtic fans hatred of the British Army (couldnt give a stuff about Rigby) and England fans hatred of the Irish Republican Army.

Both scenarios are the flip side of the same coin

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9776
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Damien » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 pm

RNB wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 am
Anyone see those clips on YouTube of Celtic fans when playing Sunderland I think, singing about the death of Lee Rigby ?
ok we can harp on all day about scum supporters of other clubs....but this was totally over the top... :oops: :evil: :evil:
I don't have any time for Celtic or their mirror image in Red, white and blue, but the club are doing their best I think to eradicate this sectarian shite. The problem is it is probably not possible. I see these gobs every day living over here, but they are a minority albeit a very nasty one. Can't see any way to solve it Tbh except for banning Celtic from playing British teams or kicking them out of Europe.

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: Haywards Heath

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Adrian » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am

They will soon be kicked out of Europe either by losing 15-0 to a team from Spain again

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19528
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am

Adrian wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am
They will soon be kicked out of Europe either by losing 15-0 to a team from Spain again
or...?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4577
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by wrinklyhoop » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:42 am
Adrian wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am
They will soon be kicked out of Europe either by losing 15-0 to a team from Spain again
or...?
not...?
Image

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1829
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by William » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:32 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am
Do England fans still sing 'No surrender to the IRA' when you play Ireland?
Lets hope.................

User avatar
Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7983
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by Mr Beef » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm
Don wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:37 am
Do England fans still sing 'No surrender to the IRA' when you play Ireland?
What's that got to do with anything?
Republican Celtic fans hatred of the British Army (couldnt give a stuff about Rigby) and England fans hatred of the Irish Republican Army.

Both scenarios are the flip side of the same coin
Whatever anyone's view of the conflict in Ireland, I cannot see how anybody could condone football fans chanting about someone who was murdered in the manner that Lee Rigby was.

User avatar
RNB
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am

Re: Celtic fans..

Post by RNB » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Mr Beef wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:51 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:26 pm
Don wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm


What's that got to do with anything?
Republican Celtic fans hatred of the British Army (couldnt give a stuff about Rigby) and England fans hatred of the Irish Republican Army.

Both scenarios are the flip side of the same coin
Whatever anyone's view of the conflict in Ireland, I cannot see how anybody could condone football fans chanting about someone who was murdered in the manner that Lee Rigby was.
totally agree mate - glad to see the idiot who posted himself on YouTube has now been identified and banned from the club...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests