Women playing sport..

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Women playing sport..

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:08 pm
A few of my mates were in thailand and got chatting toba few swedish girls. The conversation got around to football and the girls said they played back home, so my mates challenged them to a 5 a side game in the beach. Unfortunately my mates got thrashed!! Three of the girls played for the Swedish U21s. My mates blamed it on too many beers the night before!! But in all fairness they said the girls were really good players and I think womens football is quite big in sweden.
My god that sounds like heaven, on the lash in Thailand playing football with Swedish birds on the beach.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm
Sorry I'm a misogynist when it comes to sport....

Can't be asked to watch women's cricket or football.... I also hate women presenters who haven't at least played the game (at women's level) their commentating about...

I ref Sunday League level and to be honest I get a buzz from it especially when a match gets a bit feisty, I was contemplating doing a few women's matches this coming season but after catching the back end of the England v Scotland match on TV, I'm looking to get some kids matches instead...
I think your watch has stopped mate...

...in 1971.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm
I think your watch has stopped mate... ...in 1971.
Esox my old china..

Jacqui Oatley (the first female football presenter) wasn't born until 1975..... I think my watch stopped in the millenium rather than the early 70's actually....

I don't tend to count pretty looking bints on Sky Sports, Sky Sports News etc...

We have a couple of female refs in my (MALE) Sunday League and fair play to them in my book as they get called a "see you next tuesday" by the players as much as the men...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm
I've never seen so many fit body's with ugly boats.

Watching the women's euros on the box, long shot of a player im like yeah she's hot they pan in on the boat and she looks like a geezer.

Im all for anyone taking part in sport but my God watching these women trying to play football & acting like they are Pro's & that anyone gives a fu*k is going a step to far, the crowds are made up of purely kids & lesbians it's a joke it really is.

I guess that's why they hold these women's tournaments cricket football etc in June July Aug when the men's game isn't active.
You could tell that just from watching on TV ? Impressive. The kids are the ones without the crew-cuts and dungarees, right ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Nah I think there was one or two kids with dungarees on.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Blimey, some of the comments on here are as contemporary as this:

Staff Benda Bilili

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm
Blimey, some of the comments on here are as contemporary as this:

How many women football games have you paid to wstch without taking children along too?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm

I have been to around a dozen, mostly to see my cousins daughter play.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm
Think most of us have done that.

I dont think anyone is denying girls the right to play any sport but saying you dont appreciate from a skill perspective shouldnt result people taking the moral high ground.

Ive watched loads of womens football and on the whole its rubbish. But there again so is watching Qpr lately. Womens football should not be beyond criticism. We dobhave free speech in this country, or we used to.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

I've had my say on women's football & can hand on heart say I will never ever watch a game again.

I'm all for anyone taking part in Sport whatever level but to televise it is a different matter.

It's like puting a version of eastenders or a film on prime time tv only the actors are from your local pub & they basicly make the industry look a laughing stock, there would be an uproar in the press the next day.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Hmmm, I stand corrected, maybe as anachronistic as this...

Staff Benda Bilili

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:59 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm
Think most of us have done that.

I dont think anyone is denying girls the right to play any sport but saying you dont appreciate from a skill perspective shouldnt result people taking the moral high ground.

Ive watched loads of womens football and on the whole its rubbish. But there again so is watching Qpr lately. Womens football should not be beyond criticism. We dobhave free speech in this country, or we used to.
Nah, it's been replaced by the noisy / offended / indignant (delete as applicable) politically correct minority asserting their 'authority' by the attempted silencing of others with a differing viewpoint. :roll:

...oh and yes, women's football is crap.
Question everything.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
A few of my mates were in thailand and got chatting toba few swedish girls. The conversation got around to football and the girls said they played back home, so my mates challenged them to a 5 a side game in the beach. Unfortunately my mates got thrashed!! Three of the girls played for the Swedish U21s. My mates blamed it on too many beers the night before!! But in all fairness they said the girls were really good players and I think womens football is quite big in sweden.
My god that sounds like heaven, on the lash in Thailand playing football with Swedish birds on the beach.
Thank goodness some of the throwbacks on here haven't asked whether shirts were swapped. Disgraceful behaviour.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Don wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Thank goodness some of the throwbacks on here haven't asked whether shirts were swapped. Disgraceful behaviour.
Condoms were used that evening if it helps Don. Apparently two girls took advantage of two of the guys who were left feeling used and abused in bed as well as during the beach game. Some girls can be so cruel....

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Big uproar as the RFU have stopped paying England women ( World Champions ) full time contracts .... I wonder why?

Last women's match I attended was 2003 womens FA Cup final between Fayeds Fulham Ladies team and Charlton Ladies as my nephew was a mascot and I didn't pay to watch it...

It was one sided as Fulham were professional and Charlton weren't.... Fayed packed the team in not long after as there was no gelt in the game and nobody's watching....

Things don't change as it seems the only clubs thriving are the ones with rich benefactors...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....