Women playing sport..

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Women playing sport..

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm

I've had to endure it all summer on the box & it's been painful.

The Chery on the cake is the women's euros!

Jesus it's like watching people play drunk that have been shot in one leg, it's shocking it really is, a decent men's pub side would beat any women's international side comfortably probably double figures.

Roll on 5th Aug coz if I have to witness women disgrace another sport this summer I'm gonna top myself.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Women playing sport..

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:56 pm

They would beat most League 2 sides, The WSL teams practice with the U23's of their parent clubs in practice as it is a similar level of skill. The lose out on physicality but don't be under any illusion that you are a better footballer than any of them.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:03 am

You have got to be joking, seriously you have got to be having a laugh.

I would bet everything I have that my Sunday league team would beat England & we are know where near as good as sum teams in our county, they are woeful Essex, we are quicker stronger sharper would win every tackle ball in the air basic skill, every single dept we would do them.

For starters there keepers don't get tested they face weak shots & still struggle, honestly if you think they could compete with a men's side with any sort of ability then you are mad.

League 2, come on Essox please don't be silly,
It would be a miss match it would be called off after 30 mins through pure embarrassment to the poor girls.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 am

USA women the best team in the world or one of the best lost 5-2 to FC Dallas under 15's!

FC Dallas under 15's..

Surely you can see with your own eyes Esox what's on the screen infront of you when you watch a football match, Surely?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 am

Australia women lost 7-0 to an under 15's side.
Newcastle jets under 15's for Christs sake.

Do you want me to keep on, the only reason they play under 15's is because they are less physical than fully grown men.

Anyone with half an idea about football could see that a women's team couldn't lace a half decent pub men's teams boots.

My Sunday boys wouldn't take it seriously I wouldn't smash a bird in a 50/50 they would be getting stretchered off every 5mins.

It would be a kick about nothing more serious than that.
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 am

Yes, yes, yes.

Didnt Venus Williams say she would rank 700th in the mens game. Why dont men and women boxers of the game weight fight against each other?

You cant compare just try and enjoy it for what it is, or dont.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 am

I was just making the point that it's been a long old drag this summer with no footy, and all I keep seeing on the box is women making a lame attempt at playing sport.

in particular football, I got dragged along to watch Chelsea ladies last year & swore I'd never watch a game again, it's truely shocking the first touch final ball weak tackle weak shooting can't keep the ball in play over run the ball punt up field every other kick it's terrible.

I'm not sexist & I'm pleased for women competing in sport but I'll just be glad when I can watch football come Aug played the way it should be by professionals.

And as for Esox saying women's teams would beat most league2 teams, Jesus Christ no wonder we've clashed so much if that's what he perceives after watching women's football.

My 7yr old nephew was gobsmacked at how bad it was last night Scotland v Portugal he couldn't believe they couldn't cross the ball & looked like they were playing with bricks on they're feet and not footy boots.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am

A decent non league outfit would put 20 odd past an international women's team.

Same in rugby, women play sport like they've been drugged.

Men v women would be a miss match.

Hence it costs a fraction to watch women's team sports compared to men the product is reflected in the price.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 am

Heather Knight, Sarah Taylor, Anya Shrubsole, Harmanpreet Kaur ...
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:18 am

Don wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:46 am
Heather Knight, Sarah Taylor, Anya Shrubsole, Harmanpreet Kaur ...
Although I think cricket is the worst sport ever invented and I detest it, that last few overs was fantastic to rob the Indians like that at the death was great.

I know zero about cricket I'm not sure how a women's side would faire against a men's team.

I would imagine it would be a better contest than a football match.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm
I've had to endure it all summer on the box & it's been painful.

The Chery on the cake is the women's euros!

Jesus it's like watching people play drunk that have been shot in one leg, it's shocking it really is, a decent men's pub side would beat any women's international side comfortably probably double figures.

Roll on 5th Aug coz if I have to witness women disgrace another sport this summer I'm gonna top myself.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Sorry I'm a misogynist when it comes to sport....

Can't be asked to watch women's cricket or football.... I also hate women presenters who haven't at least played the game (at women's level) their commentating about...

I ref Sunday League level and to be honest I get a buzz from it especially when a match gets a bit feisty, I was contemplating doing a few women's matches this coming season but after catching the back end of the England v Scotland match on TV, I'm looking to get some kids matches instead...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm
Sorry I'm a misogynist when it comes to sport....

Can't be asked to watch women's cricket or football.... I also hate women presenters who haven't at least played the game (at women's level) their commentating about...

I ref Sunday League level and to be honest I get a buzz from it especially when a match gets a bit feisty, I was contemplating doing a few women's matches this coming season but after catching the back end of the England v Scotland match on TV, I'm looking to get some kids matches instead...
At amatuer level women's football is woeful. An ex of mine played and she was pretty ok at CB but half the team couldnt do much more than toe poke the ball around the pitch. The CF was very good though and played for Wales can could easily have played mens football. If a midget like Defoe can so could she. But on tbe whole it was complete dross, but they enjoyed it and thats the main thing. My ex would never tell me what went on in the showers though, which was a shame, because two of the lezzers were quite fit.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm

I've never seen so many fit body's with ugly boats.

Watching the women's euros on the box, long shot of a player im like yeah she's hot they pan in on the boat and she looks like a geezer.

Im all for anyone taking part in sport but my God watching these women trying to play football & acting like they are Pro's & that anyone gives a fu*k is going a step to far, the crowds are made up of purely kids & lesbians it's a joke it really is.

I guess that's why they hold these women's tournaments cricket football etc in June July Aug when the men's game isn't active.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:08 pm

A few of my mates were in thailand and got chatting toba few swedish girls. The conversation got around to football and the girls said they played back home, so my mates challenged them to a 5 a side game in the beach. Unfortunately my mates got thrashed!! Three of the girls played for the Swedish U21s. My mates blamed it on too many beers the night before!! But in all fairness they said the girls were really good players and I think womens football is quite big in sweden.