Mrs May

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Mrs May

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:12 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm
She seems to be more stable now after her three month "horribilis". I'd rather she stays than someone like Johnston take over.
222gers is a closet Tory - scum scum scum. Probably watches the Chels with all the chaps from the Conservative Club too.

naughty

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:21 am

222gers wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 am
222gers wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm
She seems to be more stable now after her three month "horribilis". I'd rather she stays than someone like Johnston take over.
Boris & Donald, now that would be a 'hands across the Atlantic water', 'special relationship', what's not to like? :wink:
A relationship not matched since the days of Thatcher and Reagan !!
Please don't remind me...that's just brought a shudder right through!
Question everything.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Pension age gone up to 68 for those currently aged 39-47

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774

Nicely sneaked in that one!! Surely this would normally get covered in a budget? Im sure the saving will cover the much needed recent investment in Northern Ireland.

naughty

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:59 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 pm
Pension age gone up to 68 for those currently aged 39-47

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40658774

Nicely sneaked in that one!! Surely this would normally get covered in a budget? Im sure the saving will cover the much needed recent investment in Northern Ireland.

naughty
With the demise of heavy industry and the dangerous, hazardous jobs, people are expected to live longer and they are. However, despite all of this, poorer people are still living shorter lives than those that are better off. Clearly you can't have different pensionable ages for different people, so I don't know what the answer is. Another matter is will there be sufficient jobs for all these older workers without jeopodising the prospects for the young.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:14 pm

If you bought the state pension from a financial services company you'd be putting in a mis-selling claim as the collection date promised at inception keeps changing. And you'd win your complaint too with a compensation award. Many people today have work based pensions and like me consider it to be no more than beer and holiday money. But the older ones who believed that's all they needed to provide for retirement have been well are truly shafted.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:57 pm

It should be based on the number of years worked. So those of us who weren't fortunate enough to go to Uni and started work at 15 or 16 work our 45 years then collect the state pittance. Those who start work at say 23 and have somewhat succulent job related pensions should do likewise. MP stands for massive ponce. I despise them with a hatred that is frankly indescribable.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 am

The Givt expects private firms with a pension black hole caused by underfunding or an increase in life expectancy to fill it with extra contributions from profits. But the state pension gets cut not topped up! Do as I say not as I do...

Getting bad news out early into this Govt. They really are playing straight into Corbyn's hands.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 am

Would it be cynical to suggest that it was done to pay for the DUP? 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 am

Well, the savings from the delayed pension won't be visible for many years yet. Why do we struggle with pensions in this country ? We have apparently one of the lowest state pensions of all developed countries and I'm not sure how we rate on company pensions either.
Couple of years back there was a documentary on TV about a French train driver and a British train driver both in their early 50s. The Frenchman looked fit and healthy and just about to take retirement. The British driver, by contrast, looked older than his years and still about 13years away from retirement. I'm not saying everything is better in other countries, but on this issue we seem unable to get to grips with it.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 am

We have an NHS that keeps people alive longer - in some cases it seems just for the sake of keeping them alive. When the original state pension was introduced, by the Liberal Party, 80% of men didn't make it to 65. Most of us don't want to pay more tax or NI so the only choice left is to manage the payments somehow.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:17 am

Don wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 am
We have an NHS that keeps people alive longer - in some cases it seems just for the sake of keeping them alive. When the original state pension was introduced, by the Liberal Party, 80% of men didn't make it to 65. Most of us don't want to pay more tax or NI so the only choice left is to manage the payments somehow.
I'm surprised that you're old enough to remember the introduction of state pension Don (!)

I'm told that the slogan used, in order to display the benefits of the system was " ninepence for fourpence " As you quite rightly say most men, particularly manual workers, failed to reach the requisite age. I don't know where we go from here although it's now compulsory for all workers to have a works pension, about time too.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am

An imbalance which affects the less well off.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 02611.html

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm nearly as old as Methuselah, 222. But nowhere near the DAVEf vintage.

Most without workplace or private pensions will be stuffed in the future. It's good that employers have to offer them but employees still have the right to opt out.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Give it a couple of years and the state pension facility will be stopped for current 18 year olds and their NIC will go soley into the NHS. They will be forced to pay 5-10% of all wages into a personal pension on top of employer contributions. Other benefits will be paid to those in retirement who face hardship.

When the state pension was set up financial services was in its infancy. Now it is awash with pension options.

In the world today it doesnt seem right that you get money from the country in retirement. People should be forced to provide for themselves. But those who went into this scheme should get their money from it.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:41 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:49 pm
Give it a couple of years and the state pension facility will be stopped for current 18 year olds and their NIC will go soley into the NHS. They will be forced to pay 5-10% of all wages into a personal pension on top of employer contributions. Other benefits will be paid to those in retirement who face hardship.

When the state pension was set up financial services was in its infancy. Now it is awash with pension options.

In the world today it doesnt seem right that you get money from the country in retirement. People should be forced to provide for themselves. But those who went into this scheme should get their money from it.
You appear to have completely forgotten that pensions are a deferred income and formed part of the existing salary package when hired for the job. They are NOT being GIVEN anything at all, it is their right to have their deferred income.