Mrs May

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Mrs May

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:37 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:27 pm
I thought all council's were skint, but if this cash reserve is true then its an absolute disgrace. They should go into the private market and get flats signed up for these guys.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 95411.html
There was a report a few days ago where a K&C taxpayer was flagging up in a paper that the council had given a rebate to local residents as they had "managed the money" so well....

They described it felt like "blood money" now...
It also makes a mockery of their initial budget forecasts and billing too.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am
I'm really struggling on who should replace her....

No one centre-ist for me sticks out and to be honest I would be happy for some form of grand coalition between the major parties as brexit has been truly ballsed up by May with her naked grab for five years more power on the premise she couldn't lose against Corbyn and would gain a bigger majority....

She and her advisors thought we can throw some really unpalatable policies on top which imo along with the unwillingness to debate led to this fine mess she now wants to get us out of!
I can't see this happening as this soft Brexit that Labour wanted just won't work in my opinion. This would mean means access to the single market with all it's restrictions and having to accept rules without being able to vote on them.

Dementia tax and getting NHS students to pay for their own studies does make you wonder whether ''May the Remainer'' deliberately messed this up as part of a strategy to get Brexit off the table.
Why we should have never voted out.

No chance, she's embraced brexit and went for it, she just massively miscalculated how far she could push the British public with her devoted media chums absurd rhetoric about Corybyn becoming an echo chamber. I suspect privately she was far more pro-brexit than Johnson with both making the most self-serving choice they could.

She is now continuing to prove what a shambles she is.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm

She is indeed a shambles but looking at the alternatives sends shivers down my spine. I therefore hope she hangs on - a somewhat chastened figure but there you are.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm
She is indeed a shambles but looking at the alternatives sends shivers down my spine. I therefore hope she hangs on - a somewhat chastened figure but there you are.
No chance, she's gone and the the bald men are fighting for the comb.
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm

With this, and the Camden evacuations it's All quiet on the Geldorf / Cumberbatch Front. No offers to put people up this time? Surely Geldorf must have room in his big gob.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am

Montag wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm
With this, and the Camden evacuations it's All quiet on the Geldorf / Cumberbatch Front. No offers to put people up this time? Surely Geldorf must have room in his big gob.
And Bragg in his mansion!

Great comments by Labour at Glasto about the murders from cost cutting on buildings. And there was me thinking that Camden was a Labour stronghold.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:19 am

Andy Murray donated his winnings at Queen's to the Grenfell relief fund. Sadly he didn't win top prize. Fair play to him, he has made similar donations to charity in the past.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:19 am
Andy Murray donated his winnings at Queen's to the Grenfell relief fund. Sadly he didn't win top prize. Fair play to him, he has made similar donations to charity in the past.
well done Andy.
We should see the government putting in more money now that Mrs. May has rediscovered the Magic Money Tree. £1billion for the DUP. There must be quid or two left over for the Grenfell victims.
Or perhaps saving her job is more important.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Well, I'm glad she's got her agreement really because although she is the worst PM in history, the alternatives are even worse. She makes Eden and Home look like towering monumental political giants. Nice to know cash is available when needed.

If I were younger, I'd emigrate.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm
222gers wrote:
well done Andy.
We should see the government putting in more money now that Mrs. May has rediscovered the Magic Money Tree. £1billion for the DUP. There must be quid or two left over for the Grenfell victims.
It would have been nice if the extra money could have been used to help NI rather than going into the pocket of the DUP as you suggest or have I misunderstood

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm
Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm
222gers wrote:
well done Andy.
It would have been nice if the extra money could have been used to help NI rather than going into the pocket of the DUP as you suggest or have I misunderstood
The money will be spent on and in NI but it's still a bribe. A bribe that will give the DUP an enormous and unfair advantage over their political rivals.
More money is spent per capita in NI than anywhere else in the UK. Don't you think this money would better spent on the NHS ?
With just a couple of quid for the victims of Grenfell ? This whole situation is obscene.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 pm

A billion quid is a snip if it keeps the likes of Gove, Fox or Johnston from being PM. At a pinch I'd say David Davis or Spreadsheet Phil might make a better fist of it. I can't see Mrs May lasting the full term though so it will be interesting in the same way that a broken leg is interesting.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:54 am

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 pm
A billion quid is a snip if it keeps the likes of Gove, Fox or Johnston from being PM. At a pinch I'd say David Davis or Spreadsheet Phil might make a better fist of it. I can't see Mrs May lasting the full term though so it will be interesting in the same way that a broken leg is interesting.
If you saw May down the local discotheque wearing her leather trousers I bet you'd love to give her one. Whilst wearing your favourite communist hat and reciting famous Karl Marx speeches of course.

ssh

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Now may has a working majority will Corbyn go away and accept he is not going to be PM in 6 weeks................

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm

William wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:05 pm
Now may has a working majority will Corbyn go away and accept he is not going to be PM in 6 weeks................
Fantasy Island.
Jeremy now has a grandstand seat to watch the pantomime of her demise. Which of her cabinet will be the first to stab her in the back. Even in tonight's vote it will only take a couple of abstentions to bring the whole thing crashing down.