Mrs May

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Mrs May

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:41 am

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:32 pm
William wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:05 pm
Now may has a working majority will Corbyn go away and accept he is not going to be PM in 6 weeks................
Fantasy Island.
Jeremy now has a grandstand seat to watch the pantomime of her demise. Which of her cabinet will be the first to stab her in the back. Even in tonight's vote it will only take a couple of abstentions to bring the whole thing crashing down.
Fsntasy Island
Majority of 14 and didnt need the DUP vote. No back stabbing as nobody will want to be PM this side of Brexit. Strong and Stable.
:D

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 am

You seem really pleased that the amendment to 1% cap on public sector wages was thwarted. Luckily it won't affect the 11% pay rise for MP's. The clapping and cheering when the vote was announced was both heartless and sickening.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 am

I work in the Public Sector and will accept a 1% all day long just to see Labour get a bloody nose, now they have been put back in their box lets move on and sort out the important stuff...............

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am

William wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 am
I work in the Public Sector and will accept a 1% all day long just to see Labour get a bloody nose, now they have been put back in their box lets move on and sort out the important stuff...............
So it's not important for folk like nurses and firefighters to receive a decent pay increase after years of seeing their wages fall in real terms ? The party that attempts to improve the lot of public sector workers are the villains and the warm hearted Tories are to be applauded. You must look at life through a cracked mirror, or a mirror crack'd as the Bard would put it.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:21 am

With inflation running at over 2% a 1% increase is actually a pay cut. Mrs May has been full of praise for the police at London Bridge and Borough Market and the firefighters at Grefell Tower not forgetting all the NHS staff who treated the victims.
A fitting reward do you think ?
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

I worked in the public sector for over ten years and the deals very rarely exceeded inflation. But they do get free pensions. I left and moved on to betters things and others have that freedom too, although many I worked with are lucky to have a job and wouldn't survive in the real world. Nurses etc excluded of course.

I think we have another two years of tight purse strings until Brexit has landed. Then things will free up with a new leader who will start a Corbyn style cash give away to buy the next election, which he tried to do and failed.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am
I worked in the public sector for over ten years and the deals very rarely exceeded inflation. But they do get free pensions. I left and moved on to betters things and others have that freedom too, although many I worked with are lucky to have a job and wouldn't survive in the real world. Nurses etc excluded of course.

I think we have another two years of tight purse strings until Brexit has landed. Then things will free up with a new leader who will start a Corbyn style cash give away to buy the next election, which he tried to do and failed.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that not too many have left and gone on to better things when the next disaster hits.

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am
William wrote:
So it's not important for folk like nurses and firefighters to receive a decent pay increase after years of seeing their wages fall in real terms ? The party that attempts to improve the lot of public sector workers are the villains and the warm hearted Tories are to be applauded. You must look at life through a cracked mirror, or a mirror crack'd as the Bard would put it.
But i am one of these people, and i am not complaining, so does that mean my voice should not be heard..............

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:37 pm

William wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 pm
222gers wrote:
William wrote:
But i am one of these people, and i am not complaining, so does that mean my voice should not be heard..............
Of course your voice should be heard. If you are happy seeing your wages cut, in effect, every year then that's fine. I feel most people would find it unacceptable especially those at the sharp end.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 pm

William wrote:
222gers wrote:
William wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you may be in a minority of public sector workers in being happy with your lot. Should your voice be heard above the majority ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:54 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:42 am

Let's keep our fingers crossed that not too many have left and gone on to better things when the next disaster hits.
I excluded emergency services from my comments above. I'm one of those who would pay more tax for these essential servants. I was referring to civil servant pen pushers, of which I was one. What dregs, apart from me, those misfits were I worked with. Truly the bottom of the employment pool. Most were unemployable outside of the civil service

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

I briefly worked for the council in the 70s. It was like a holiday camp. What's more Mr Heath, bless 'im, protected public sector wages by automatically increasing wages every time inflation rose.
A whole new ball game now. From my experience, public sector workers especially those we have mentioned in health and the emergency services, work hard for little pay and appreciation. The Civil Service, I imagine, carry on as before.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm

William wrote:
222gers wrote:
William wrote:
Are you in the upper pay bracket where 1% would be okay ? Would explain why you're so anti Labour, you'd have to pay more tax

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:19 pm

What did Corbyn say in the Andrew Neil interview about a leader who has different views to his party needing to show flexibility. The chaos continues within the Marxist Party.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40451301

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:03 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 pm
William wrote:
222gers wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you may be in a minority of public sector workers in being happy with your lot. Should your voice be heard above the majority ?
never said i was happy about it, but accept that the books need to be balanced...........