Who are you voting for?

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Who are you voting for?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:01 pm

Conservatives
33%
Labour
50%
Lib Dems
6%
UKIP
No votes
Greens
11%

Total votes: 18

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Who are you voting for?

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Damien wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:15 pm
luke_mullet wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Labour, because I'm not a c**t
Is the correct answer :D
Seconded :lol:
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Nice Tory party political broadcast on Newsnight :roll: No matter what the result tomorrow - JC and Labour have done us proud when you see what they are up against.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Damien wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:14 pm
Nice Tory party political broadcast on Newsnight :roll: No matter what the result tomorrow - JC and Labour have done us proud when you see what they are up against.
You mean a population that is far too stupid, racist, selfish and snobbish to do a simple thing like vote in a way that would actually benefit them?

And a part of the population that might make a difference if they would only get off their backsides and vote (which includes the youngsters who spend too much tme complaining they get ignored but usually don't take opportunities to do something about it).

And Tony Blair, Mandelson et al.

And Diane Abbot.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:51 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:49 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 pm
I agree - Vote Tory for a Brexit that will benefit all and security measures which will us all safter.??? The alternative is a disaster waiting to happen. Send my best wishes to Diane in her padded cell.
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials
I thougjt that was from Tony Blair reflecting on the events of 2003. An unjust war and the ramifications are still with us today with ISIS.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:32 am

Damien wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:21 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
luke_mullet wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:38 pm

It's not an argument Don, it's a statement. The vote boils down to 2 things tomorrow, you can vote because you care about others or you can vote because you only care about yourself.
I agree - Vote Tory for a Brexit that will benefit all and security measures which will us all safter. The alternative is a disaster waiting to happen. Send my best wishes to Diane in her padded cell.
We're so safe at the moment :roll: You'll get your wish and then can come on here bleating about how your precious Tory party won't delver what you want. At least JC isn't a hypocrite of the highest order like May, who was a Remainer but completely dropped her position when the chance of power presented itself. JC if he ever did drop a position he held dear would be crucified by the likes of you and the right wing media.
Corbyn was a Eurosceptic until he joined the Remain campaign when he became Labour Leader.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:51 am

SheepRanger wrote:
luke_mullet wrote:
Don wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Wow, I was going to vote Conservative but that deep and well thought out argument has swung it. Useless beardie halfwit all the way for me now!
It's not an argument Don, it's a statement. The vote boils down to 2 things tomorrow, you can vote because you care about others or you can vote because you only care about yourself.
I agree - Vote Tory for a Brexit that will benefit all and security measures which will us all safter. The alternative is a disaster waiting to happen. Send my best wishes to Diane in her padded cell.
I don't get it.
Theresa May has been in charge of security as Home Secretary and Prime Minister for the last seven years and you think she's done a good job ? Well I don't. I'm scared shitless at the thought of another terror attack. Not just for myself, but also for all the poor sods who happen to be in the way. I really want better security. Mrs. May has shown she hasn't got a scooby how to go about it.
Brexit. Do you remember that picture taken at the last meeting of the European heads ? They adjourned for lunch and as they filed out May was left standing all on her own. That's her negotiating skills.
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm
Damien wrote:
luke_mullet wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Labour, because I'm not a c**t
That's three of you have called me a errant hedge-born skainsmate. pribbling idle-headed giglet off.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:30 am

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:51 am
SheepRanger wrote:
luke_mullet wrote:

I don't get it.
Theresa May has been in charge of security as Home Secretary and Prime Minister for the last seven years and you think she's done a good job ? Well I don't. I'm scared shitless at the thought of another terror attack. Not just for myself, but also for all the poor sods who happen to be in the way. I really want better security. Mrs. May has shown she hasn't got a scooby how to go about it.
Brexit. Do you remember that picture taken at the last meeting of the European heads ? They adjourned for lunch and as they filed out May was left standing all on her own. That's her negotiating skills.
There have many attempts stopped due to the security services and recent events will mean laws will be changed. I would prefer the Tory approach to Corbyn wanting to sit down with someone for a cup of tea. However, how do you stop someone who isn't known to the security services waving a knife into a crowd? Well, increased internet snooping would be a start, but I suspect Corbyn would whinge about civil liberties. Shall we map this activity from when Blair decided to rip Iraq apart and initiated a civil war? Perhaps Labour should look at their part in the creation of this mess and leave the Tories to sort out your mess, as usual.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:30 am
Hunter S Thompson wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

I don't get it.
There have many attempts stopped due to the security services and recent events will mean laws will be changed. I would prefer the Tory approach to Corbyn wanting to sit down with someone for a cup of tea. However, how do you stop someone who isn't known to the security services waving a knife into a crowd? Well, increased internet snooping would be a start, but I suspect Corbyn would whinge about civil liberties. Shall we map this activity from when Blair decided to rip Iraq apart and initiated a civil war? Perhaps Labour should look at their part in the creation of this mess and leave the Tories to sort out your mess, as usual.
The Tories have had seven years to sort out the mess and what have we got - a worse mess.
The laws are there already, they just need to be enforced properly. Cutting 20,000 police officers is not the way to go about it.

The terrorists want to force us into their way of thinking. They want to bomb us into accepting their radical Islam. They want to change the way we educate our children, they want to take away our Civil Liberties.
Theresa May wants to do the job for them.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:45 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Hunter S Thompson wrote:

I don't get it.
The Tories have had seven years to sort out the mess and what have we got - a worse mess.
The laws are there already, they just need to be enforced properly. Cutting 20,000 police officers is not the way to go about it.

The terrorists want to force us into their way of thinking. They want to bomb us into accepting their radical Islam. They want to change the way we educate our children, they want to take away our Civil Liberties.
The laws are not sufficient in relation to social media tracking - this has been well publicised. Cutting 20k police did not prevent an 8minute conclusion to the last London attack, but new laws to arm all police would mean the rugby guy would have finished the job quicker. Resource to security services has increased. Your last statement is beyond a reply.

I look forward to seeing Corbyn's approach in action should he win, but suspect many Labour voters would prefer to complain in opposition. You may well be in the position to look at your own in action shortly and very much doubt they have the talent to do any better.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:11 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am
Hunter S Thompson wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

The laws are not sufficient in relation to social media tracking - this has been well publicised. Cutting 20k police did not prevent an 8minute conclusion to the last London attack, but new laws to arm all police would mean the rugby guy would have finished the job quicker. Resource to security services has increased. Your last statement is beyond a reply.

I look forward to seeing Corbyn's approach in action should he win, but suspect many Labour voters would prefer to complain in opposition. You may well be in the position to look at your own in action shortly and very much doubt they have the talent to do any better.
20,000 more police in the community might have prevented the attack in the first place. The police response was magnificent but eight people are dead. We can't go on treating the symptoms, sooner or later we will have to tackle the cause. Prevention is always better than cure.
You're certain that Jeremy Corbyn would not be any good at the job but based on what ? I know Theresa May is no good at the job based on her record over the last seven years.
Last edited by Hunter S Thompson on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Don wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:22 pm
Damien wrote:
That's three of you have called me a errant hedge-born skainsmate. pribbling idle-headed giglet off.
Yeah - we shouldn't let it get personal. Still think the Tory party are a bunch of cnuts though.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:11 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Hunter S Thompson wrote:

You're certain that Jeremy Corbyn would not be any good at the job but based on what ?
Previously siding with the IRA/Hezbollah against British interests at the time. Also, he has never voted in favour of any terror legislation put before Parliament. I think he lives in a theoretical universe and I'm worried that thinks Diane Abbott is competent enough to be Shadow Home Secretary.

But if he has convinced others of his abilities and he's PM come tomorrow then fair play to him. We'll get behind him and critique his actions as they happen.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 pm

My vote, as always, is between my conscience and the ballot box. I wasn't swayed by Mrs May's last minute plea to the voters " get out there and vote for me, you stupid toerags "

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:48 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:26 pm
Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:11 pm
SheepRanger wrote:

You're certain that Jeremy Corbyn would not be any good at the job but based on what ?
Previously siding with the IRA/Hezbollah against British interests at the time. Also, he has never voted in favour of any terror legislation put before Parliament. I think he lives in a theoretical universe and I'm worried that thinks Diane Abbott is competent enough to be Shadow Home Secretary.

But if he has convinced others of his abilities and he's PM come tomorrow then fair play to him. We'll get behind him and critique his actions as they happen.
Sheep,
You know who I am going to vote for, I know who you are going to vote for. Our votes will cancel each other out. We could both stay at home on this wet and windswept night. We could shake on it.
But I would never trust a Tory.
Last edited by Hunter S Thompson on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.