General Election

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: General Election

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 pm

William wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:11 pm
I am a Telegraph reader, ...
The audio version?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 pm

William wrote:
Damien wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am
William wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 am
Guess this sums up Labour in an instance, back when Corbyn becomes leader, female MP resigns in a big display of principles, and is applauded for her stance, now some time on, Abbott feigns more illness to mask the fact she is shit, so who replaces her, oh yeah, the high principled MP who resigned, Labour, oh dear...........
How do you know she is feigning illness? Do you have access to her medical history or did the Mail tell you. What about your PM who voted Remain. Weren't you going to Norway once upon a time... there's still time.
I am a Telegraph reader, how do i know, well she did the same to get out of a vote she disagreed with (but was under instruction from Corbyn) she admitted feigning illness when she was 'hoaxed' recently, and last of all, are you being serious in believing she really is ill, she has been all over social media since, so what ails her then.............
A working class background, one the first black women to graduate at Cambridge. The first black woman MP.
I don't think crapping out is in her nature. She'd chew you up and spit you out.
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:41 pm
William wrote:
Damien wrote:
How do you know she is feigning illness? Do you have access to her medical history or did the Mail tell you. What about your PM who voted Remain. Weren't you going to Norway once upon a time... there's still time.
I am a Telegraph reader, how do i know, well she did the same to get out of a vote she disagreed with (but was under instruction from Corbyn) she admitted feigning illness when she was 'hoaxed' recently, and last of all, are you being serious in believing she really is ill, she has been all over social media since, so what ails her then.............
A working class background, one the first black women to graduate at Cambridge. The first black woman MP.
I don't think crapping out is in her nature. She'd chew you up and spit you out.
I'm not at all sure she'd put him in her mouth.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
William wrote:
Damien wrote:
Didn't she herself say she wasn't the woman she once was?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 pm

It'll be a hung parliament so the bickering at Westminster and on here is
only going to intensify!
Staff Benda Bilili

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 pm
It'll be a hung parliament so the bickering at Westminster and on here is
only going to intensify!

Women (and just a few on here) "bicker".

Men discuss and debate.

Obviously.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:51 pm

I still expect a Tory majority but with Labour pleasingly gaining from the SNP. Gonna be a long night.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:22 am

Montag wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:51 pm
I still expect a Tory majority but with Labour pleasingly gaining from the SNP. Gonna be a long night.
318 is predicted. No majority. Hubris is sweet May 8)

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:38 am

So great to see a real Labour Party at last. The reaction of those traitors in his own party who tried to undermine him is priceless. They look more disappointed than the Tories... absolute tools. Look elsewhere for your PLP please Jeremy, and don't forget who stabbed you in the back. Refreshing to see Sturgeon getting her arse slapped in Scotland too. Strange voting patterns in this day and age. Of course the DUP over here will get the Tories the slimmest but unworkable majority . If those perennial dreamers SinnFein would take up their seats, then the Tories would be in real trouble. Of course like the SNP and the now meaningless UKIP... they are a one policy party.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:24 am

Stunning result for Corbyn. Large slices of humble pie being eaten by people in all political parties and the Tory press.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 am

Well done all you Labour supporters you must be very pleased. Interesting times ahead.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 am
Well done all you Labour supporters you must be very pleased. Interesting times ahead.
Thanks Sheepy. You are very fair. It's not a victory though... but hopefully a start for a better future for everyone in the UK. I hope May stays on as she is a Recruiting Seargent for the opposition.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thanks Sheepy. You're gracious in defeat; a trait that, in my book, always wins respect.

Interesting times indeed. With the clock ticking, how negotiations with the EU proceed from here is a worry. But, I am pleased May's hard Brexit will inevitably be softened.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 am

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Thanks Sheepy. You're gracious in defeat; a trait that, in my book, always wins respect.

Interesting times indeed. With the clock ticking, how negotiations with the EU proceed from here is a worry. But, I am pleased May's hard Brexit will inevitably be softened.
Could be the DUP over here who can finally do something worthwhile. There are plenty in their ranks who don't want a hard Brexit, as it would disproportionateky affect people in NI.Intetesting times coming up.

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:55 am

Hunter S Thompson wrote:
William wrote:
Damien wrote:
You really believe that dont you, she is so fake it is untrue, clueless as well, she was out voting so it must be a miracle by your standards as you clearly state she must be ill if she says it, she looked anything but ill you fool :lol: