Just reward for winning the Premiership against all odds.

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Just reward for winning the Premiership against all odds.

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Ranieri has been sacked. :shock:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Grimsby Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just reward for winning the Premiership against all odds.

Post by Grimsby Ranger » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

I'm completely gobsmacked and disgusted in equal measures, hope they go down now, what a thank you from the club :x

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:45 pm

A despicable act.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Just had a look at one of their forums and most of them have wanted him out for weeks....

The guy deserved to see out the Champions League campaign and the whole season at least.

Really hope they go down now.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:11 pm

There are times when I really hate what football has become.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

A Disenting voice here. They have been on an awful run and are only getting worse. Should the club simply accept relegation out of gratitude?

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 am

What have you done for me lately?

Well, actually quite a lot.

But we might be relegated.

Its far from over.

Get your coat.

pribbling idle-headed giglet me, imbeciles.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 am

Have a read of Nigel Pearson's wiki page. Especially the bits relevant to Leicester. He took over in June before the 2008-09 season and Leicester were in League One. He left and spent a year at Hull before going back to Leicester in 2011 and started the rise from where they were (12th in the Championship) to where they were (and how they were?) when Ranieri took over.

It would not be ridiculous to suggest that Ranieri climbed onto a horse in full flight and just let it run. When the horse started to run out of steam and he was called on to make a difference, he couldn't.

In other words, he has maybe been a very lucky man and his luck ran out.

It's also rarely wise to judge any new manager on a first season whether it be a good one or a bad one. Or a great one.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:17 am

DAVEf wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 am
Have a read of Nigel Pearson's wiki page. Especially the bits relevant to Leicester. He took over in June before the 2008-09 season and Leicester were in League One. He left and spent a year at Hull before going back to Leicester in 2011 and started the rise from where they were (12th in the Championship) to where they were (and how they were?) when Ranieri took over.

It would not be ridiculous to suggest that Ranieri climbed onto a horse in full flight and just let it run. When the horse started to run out of steam and he was called on to make a difference, he couldn't.

In other words, he has maybe been a very lucky man and his luck ran out.

It's also rarely wise to judge any new manager on a first season whether it be a good one or a bad one. Or a great one.
Valid points Dave. It's near impossible to de-convolute successive managers impact, however, Tinkerman definitely had a positive effect on the squad and IMO fully deserved the recognition he received. Far too early to ditch him. Instead, blame the horse.
As an aside, what are you doing reading Wiki. You know better than that. :wink:

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am

Satch wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm
A Disenting voice here. They have been on an awful run and are only getting worse. Should the club simply accept relegation out of gratitude?
Yes, they've been on an awful run, but even awful runs come to an end at some point. Just as their good run has this season.

Ranieri is a vastly experienced manager, who has been successful across Europe, and gave Leicester a miraculous premier League title win. A little faith and loyalty surely wouldn't be too much to ask.

I was delighted for them last season, but as others have said, I sincerely hope they go down now.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:56 am

He'll be immortal in Prem history and their history. A genuinely nice man who deserved better. In truth, football at the top has become such a money grubbing affair... I think most clubs would do the same in Leicester's position. The desperation to stay or to get onto the SKY gravy train has damaged football in this country beyond repair. I'm probably in a minority, but I hope we never go back there. I still hope they go down though to teach them a bit of humility.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:56 am
He'll be immortal in Prem history and their history. A genuinely nice man who deserved better. In truth, football at the top has become such a money grubbing affair... I think most clubs would do the same in Leicester's position. The desperation to stay or to get onto the SKY gravy train has damaged football in this country beyond repair. I'm probably in a minority, but I hope we never go back there. I still hope they go down though to teach them a bit of humility.
I'm in the same minority, I don't want to go back there either.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:18 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm
Damien wrote:
I'm in the same minority, I don't want to go back there either.
When we won the play offs I was glad to go up but knew we would be cannon fodder. We can compete in the championship but are such a small club we wont get the revenues to compete in the premiership. We tried to buy stability but that failed. Only reason for promotion now would be to secure any finance needed for a new training ground and stadium. You can keep the football and those who bought prem season tickets get my praise.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Damien wrote:
If Leicester avoid relegation then it will be used to validate the owners decision to fire Ranieri, which will be disappointing in the extreme. If they are relegated then it's the fans will feel the most pain. I know next to nothing about Leicester and know not a single fan, so they have never really entered my consciousness, however I really hope they survive and can continue to upset expectations.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:41 pm

What Leicester seem to forget is that, well..., they are Leicester!
They are not in the relegation zone and have a good chance of making the CL quarter finals.
In any normal season, this would be seen as a pretty impressive achievement for a club like Leicester.
I think last season has gone to many a Leicester head and this is what you get when you lose sight of reality.
Just let it sink in...sacking a manager of a club like Leicester who have in the previous season won the PL by 10 points, are still in the CL and aren't in the relegation zone. Utter madness!