Cardiff up to twelfth

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 am

I was at that game, I wasn't shouting to get him out, unhappy yes but not shouting for him to go.

Things did look bleak under him, we looked shot & heading one way, just like we have at times under every other manager since Warnock.

My disagreement on this thread was that I'm baffled how Warnock was supposed to lay foundations or leave a legacy in what was a roalcoaster of a stint incharge.
And that's why he got the chop! You can't use the failure of those who followed him into the manager's job as justification for not sacking him. At the time things to use your phraseology "looked bleak under him, we looked shot and heading one way." No surprise TF turned to Mark Hughes. The fact he turned out to be a disaster is a totally different matter and one TF could not have foreseen. Most Stoke fans would say overall Hughes has been a success up there. He has bought well, stabilized the club after a long time manger left and generally done OK. In fact what most of us would have wanted when he arrived at QPR.
Why do you reckon Hughes made a go of it at Stoke but not here - I've often wondered that. He didn't get rid of Joorbachian did he?
It's strange, Hughes could hardly have picked a worse bunch of signings if he tried. We had the lot, the keeper fiasco, the physically and mentally worn out and the ones who just didn't want to play. I guess Ned would be his best signing.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Some of Hughes signings looked decent on paper tbf. It was his inability to assemble them into a cohesive and competitive side that was the problem.

I like that Warnock got us up, but it wasn't a miracle he had a good (and relatively expensive) squad, he sensibly added players where needed and had Taarabt in the form of his life. I wouldn't have sacked him when we did (although there is some precedent to suggest he isn't a top-flight manager) however his work in the transfer market was indefensible, like a kid in a sweet shop for the first time and he deserves as much criticism as the two managers who followed, in fact at least their signings had some potential. Not low quality has-beens on high salaries and long contracts.

We don't need revisionism or binary views, like most people Warnock had positives and negatives surrounding his tenure, although the positives outshine the negatives, on an emotional level at least.

He isn't the one to build long term and that's what we need after failing at the previous strategy and aside from Sheffield Utd he rarely stays at a club long. He also made it clear he wasn't looking to return to management full time. The fact he has changed his mind isn't the fault of the club. As we're seeing now, sometimes it's best not to go back.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Mods.. why is this in QPR discussion?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:49 pm

RAOIS? :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Virginia_R

Post by Virginia_R » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm
Mods.. why is this in QPR discussion?
Indeed.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:55 am

Nice job VR :wink:

IMO, Perfect valid to discuss ex players and coaches but here is probably the best place for it :lol:
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:09 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:55 am
Nice job VR :wink:

IMO, Perfect valid to discuss ex players and coaches but here is probably the best place for it :lol:
Like discussing ex-spouses and ex-employers really.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".