Cardiff up to twelfth

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5050
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by Albert Steptoe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:25 am

That Neil Warnock, total rubbish, eh?

Huge credit to Clueless Les for getting rid of the only manager that's made us look decent in the last decade. aniclap

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4957
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:05 am

I found this picture of Warnock wearing a hat and smoking a cigar. What does everyone think? Honest opinions only thanks.

Image
Image

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9219
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:34 am

I know vinyl is making a comeback, but this particular record is surely broken beyond repair aniwall
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1946
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by loonee » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

Looks like the institution for tedious people have allowed Albert access to technology again.

And shouldn't this be in the non QPR section

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3239
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:25 am
That Neil Warnock, total rubbish, eh?

Huge credit to Clueless Les for getting rid of the only manager that's made us look decent in the last decade. aniclap
Who ever said he was total rubbish? Only you just now I suspect Albert
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5860
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am

Whatever the reasons he was not considered or turned us down it cannot be denied he has made a greater impact at Cardiff than JFH or Holloway have made with us.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8581
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:01 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am
Whatever the reasons he was not considered or turned us down it cannot be denied he has made a greater impact at Cardiff than JFH or Holloway have made with us.
Too early to say ... He has flirted with the relegation places for most of the season and has only just in the last few weeks overtaken us. Thanks to a run of 6 wins in the last 9 games.

What can't be denied is that he is an experienced Championship manager who works well at this level. We sacked him when we were in the Premiership, and his record at that level is not great, and nowhere near as good as it is at a lower level. When he returned he made it clear he didn't want the job full time, so that was an end to that.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5860
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by QPR_John » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:01 am
QPR_John wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 am
Whatever the reasons he was not considered or turned us down it cannot be denied he has made a greater impact at Cardiff than JFH or Holloway have made with us.
Too early to say ... He has flirted with the relegation places for most of the season and has only just in the last few weeks overtaken us. Thanks to a run of 6 wins in the last 9 games.

What can't be denied is that he is an experienced Championship manager who works well at this level. We sacked him when we were in the Premiership, and his record at that level is not great, and nowhere near as good as it is at a lower level. When he returned he made it clear he didn't want the job full time, so that was an end to that.

Would be interested in knowing why he did not want the job. Did he know he would not be offered it, did he not want to work in the current set up. Whatever the reason it did not take him long to get back into football

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9219
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:40 am

You could always write to him and ask. He's always bang up to date with his correspondence.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5976
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:03 pm

The man is god

The squad he has at Cardiff makes ours look like top 6.

Legend best I've ever seen incharge at LR

It was a honour and pleasure having him stear our ship from relegation and then win the league.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3698
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:55 pm

They're not having any trouble scoring goals, unlike our lethal net-bursters. However, with our new recruits, I think we'll be more creative from now on. Putting the chances away is another matter of course.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:17 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:03 pm
The man is god

The squad he has at Cardiff makes ours look like top 6.

Legend best I've ever seen incharge at LR

It was a honour and pleasure having him stear our ship from relegation and then win the league.
If he is the best you ever saw in charge at LR you missed out on a lot of good Managers

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4957
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:24 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:34 am
I know vinyl is making a comeback, but this particular record is surely broken beyond repair aniwall
Was hoping the wacky picture I found of Warnock would change the topic into something more interesting. Failed miserably. aniwall
Image

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5976
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:03 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:17 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:03 pm
The man is god

The squad he has at Cardiff makes ours look like top 6.

Legend best I've ever seen incharge at LR

It was a honour and pleasure having him stear our ship from relegation and then win the league.
If he is the best you ever saw in charge at LR you missed out on a lot of good Managers
Probably missed out because I wasn't born.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9219
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Cardiff up to twelfth

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:02 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:03 pm
patrickqpr wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:17 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:03 pm
The man is god

The squad he has at Cardiff makes ours look like top 6.

Legend best I've ever seen incharge at LR

It was a honour and pleasure having him stear our ship from relegation and then win the league.
If he is the best you ever saw in charge at LR you missed out on a lot of good Managers
Probably missed out because I wasn't born.
Any excuse with you as usual, eh lala :-)
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SheepRanger and 8 guests