Congratulations Perth Scorchers

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Congratulations Perth Scorchers

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 am
Fantasic city Perth and I lived in Mosman Park for six months in 97. Watched the Glory play once and stood on the terrace and it was great fun. I havent followed them since but a 65k stadium seems optimistic as it seems to be cricket and ozzy rules focused?
That's some juxtaposition from your previous post! The new Perth stadium is indeed primarily AFL / Cricket focussed and it's unlikely that the Glory will find themselves playing there too often.
Tongue in cheek last time, I was clearly in a mischievous mood, but didnt know the context of your post as Id never heard of the scorchers. But thought it might have been cricket related as one of the names might have been a player. Ive never heard of the T20 bash thing.

But i did go back to Perth for the Ashes Test some time ago and saw all five days. It it was the test we lost 5-0 but enjoyed the game. I dont follow cricket and dont know the rules really, but enjoyed the experience all the same.

I would love to go back to Perth one day but the cost of living there and the exchange rate would make it difficult.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 am
SheepRanger wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 am
Fantasic city Perth and I lived in Mosman Park for six months in 97. Watched the Glory play once and stood on the terrace and it was great fun. I havent followed them since but a 65k stadium seems optimistic as it seems to be cricket and ozzy rules focused?
That's some juxtaposition from your previous post! The new Perth stadium is indeed primarily AFL / Cricket focussed and it's unlikely that the Glory will find themselves playing there too often.
Tongue in cheek last time, I was clearly in a mischievous mood, but didnt know the context of your post as Id never heard of the scorchers. But thought it might have been cricket related as one of the names might have been a player. Ive never heard of the T20 bash thing.

But i did go back to Perth for the Ashes Test some time ago and saw all five days. It it was the test we lost 5-0 but enjoyed the game. I dont follow cricket and dont know the rules really, but enjoyed the experience all the same.

I would love to go back to Perth one day but the cost of living there and the exchange rate would make it difficult.
Fair enough!

I was at the WACA for that Ashes series too, I wore my retro 70's QPR shirt on either the Friday or the Saturday (can't remember which) and was approached by no less than nine other R's during the course of the day. Maybe you were one of them?

I've been here nearly ten years now, the exchange rate was a lot better back in 07 when I moved and the cost of living a lot less than it is now.
Life is short, drink the good wine first.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:44 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 am
Here's an idea for some, if you are uninterested in a thread (especially a non-QPR one) then don't post. :roll:

So we can fill up the site with results of Kabbadi competitions and stories about breeding of lizards and theories on religious fanaticism (in Latin) etc etc? Just for the few ITK?

The cryptic original post was bad enough.

Anyone woould defend "interesting" stories (or those that might be informative or interesting to more than just a couple of people) but surely if you want to discuss a story that isn't related to UK football from a country that isn't even in Europe (or too bothered about football) with just the couple of people who might understand (or be interested in) your first message, you could do it by PM?

And not get all arsey when someone throws in a wind-up?

Especially the last bit.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

I think there is enough room in the general forum to talk about anything from anywhere. Even if some posts (my own included) border on RAOIS.
I've enjoyed the posts on Cricket (Don and others), Horse Racing (mostly just Devon), and American Football (mostly EL)

So why don't I find a more appropriate site for such topics? Because...

1. I'm mostly on here and can't really be arsed to go elsewhere
2. Generally the standard here is good...I've tried NFL sites, and been encountered spectaular mediocricy
3. I get free spelling and sentence structure lessons on here :wink:
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:14 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:32 am

I've been here nearly ten years now, the exchange rate was a lot better back in 07 when I moved and the cost of living a lot less than it is now.
When I was there in 2001 the exchange rate was over three and a half to the pound. On the way to Secret Harbour was a brand new housing estate with properties for sale.The thing was the estate was built apart from the houses! Roads, street lighting everything was there. You chose your plot and then could decide, to some extent, how you would like your home built. A large three bedroom detached (of course!) with lounge, dining room and games/cinema room was sixty thousand pounds with a free Ford Ka thrown in.

Cadbury's Cherry Ripe chocolate and ice creams, yum yum.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:37 am

DAVEf wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:44 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 am
Here's an idea for some, if you are uninterested in a thread (especially a non-QPR one) then don't post. :roll:

So we can fill up the site with results of Kabbadi competitions and stories about breeding of lizards and theories on religious fanaticism (in Latin) etc etc? Just for the few ITK?

The cryptic original post was bad enough.

Anyone woould defend "interesting" stories (or those that might be informative or interesting to more than just a couple of people) but surely if you want to discuss a story that isn't related to UK football from a country that isn't even in Europe (or too bothered about football) with just the couple of people who might understand (or be interested in) your first message, you could do it by PM?

And not get all arsey when someone throws in a wind-up?

Especially the last bit.
Cryptic really? Arsey, really? Wind-up, really?

Utterly contemptible bile Dave! Quite why you find the need is beyond me. Really, I expect better.

I didn't realise there was a geographical or popularity selection criteria in order to post on the general forum and as far as I'm aware there's a fair level of interest in cricket amongst those on here.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 am

Rbee wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:14 am
WA Hoop wrote:

When I was there in 2001 the exchange rate was over three and a half to the pound. On the way to Secret Harbour was a brand new housing estate with properties for sale.The thing was the estate was built apart from the houses! Roads, street lighting everything was there. You chose your plot and then could decide, to some extent, how you would like your home built. A large three bedroom detached (of course!) with lounge, dining room and games/cinema room was sixty thousand pounds with a free Ford Ka thrown in.

Rbee, I can assure you there are plenty of houses there now, mine included! Although, unfortunately not at that price and without the Ford Ka.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 am
Rbee wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:14 am
WA Hoop wrote:

Rbee, I can assure you there are plenty of houses there now, mine included! Although, unfortunately not at that price and without the Ford Ka.

I saw a very old three bed detached in clarmont perth on 1999.for $220,000 - I suspect its been ripped down a new shinny modern build on it now and probably worth $2m.

The resource boom has made Perth a very expensive place to live. Such a shame, I felt so at home around tge Freo area and planned to part retire there one day.