The Aeronaut Pub in Acton Burnt in NY Fire

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

The Aeronaut Pub in Acton Burnt in NY Fire

Post by William » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Used to be the White Hart, spent some time there back in the day when it had Punk bands, it was called on these nights @the Last Bastion' was midweek 1978..................

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: The Aeronaut Pub in Acton Burnt in NY Fire

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:33 pm

It is/was a strange pub. Brews its own ale on the premises but it was rancid last time I was there. I was the only punter in the pub. Acton doesn't seem to be blessed with an abundance of good pubs, but there again nor does my manor - Fulham. How I envy the folk in Richmond, Brentford, Twickenham etc who have a wealth of alehouses on their doorsteps. Further to travel to Rangers games though. :wink:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Another local council refusing to give permission for redevelopment I suppose. Why DO they bother.

I expect someone will open a micro-pub to serve the occupants of the new flats who don't want to buy their booze from supermarkets.

And the World moves on.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:43 am

222gers wrote:It is/was a strange pub. Brews its own ale on the premises but it was rancid last time I was there. I was the only punter in the pub. Acton doesn't seem to be blessed with an abundance of good pubs, but there again nor does my manor - Fulham. How I envy the folk in Richmond, Brentford, Twickenham etc who have a wealth of alehouses on their doorsteps. Further to travel to Rangers games though. :wink:
The Sun in Richmond quality

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 am

the big IP wrote:
222gers wrote:It is/was a strange pub. Brews its own ale on the premises but it was rancid last time I was there. I was the only punter in the pub. Acton doesn't seem to be blessed with an abundance of good pubs, but there again nor does my manor - Fulham. How I envy the folk in Richmond, Brentford, Twickenham etc who have a wealth of alehouses on their doorsteps. Further to travel to Rangers games though. :wink:
The Sun in Richmond quality
That's the one on Richmond Green next to the theatre isn't it? Lovely old pub. Fullers pubs tend to be very pretty, often with marble tiling and hanging baskets etc.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am

222gers your spot on

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am

The Sloaney Pony used to do excellent beer. Has it changed? And my (now) local brewery, Wadworth, has the King's Arms down near Putney Bridge; but their beer can be a bit ... traditional.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Don wrote:
The Sloaney Pony used to do excellent beer. Has it changed? And my (now) local brewery, Wadworth, has the King's Arms down near Putney Bridge; but their beer can be a bit ... traditional.
The Pony is under new management who apparently intended to move away from Real Ale. The rather wealthy regulars protested so the ale continues although I'm told, not such an imaginative range. The breathtakingly high prices remain. Even my GP says he can't afford to drink in there !

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 pm

222gers wrote:
Don wrote:
The Pony is under new management who apparently intended to move away from Real Ale. The rather wealthy regulars protested so the ale continues although I'm told, not such an imaginative range. The breathtakingly high prices remain. Even my GP says he can't afford to drink in there !
The three GPs I had in the first 18 years of my life (all based in Ladbroke Grove) seemed to do all their drinking during surgery hours, between patients. Although not literally, obviously (probably). It was quite normal to see a half-bottle being shoved back into a desk drawer as you walked in.

Only one was struck off and that (apparently) was for years of shagging female patients (maybe he drank a bit less than the other two? --- or a bit more?).

Ahh --- The good old days of the NHS. :D
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 am

You cannot beat a refreshing pint of lager i tell thee...................

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 am

William wrote:You cannot beat a refreshing pint of lager i tell thee...................
Especially with a splash of lime. :wink:

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 pm

222gers wrote:
William wrote:You cannot beat a refreshing pint of lager i tell thee...................
or even better with a splash of blackcurrant :wink:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:05 am

patrickqpr wrote:
222gers wrote:
or even better with a splash of blackcurrant :wink:

How can a "splash" of fruit cordial now cost as much (or more) than a pint of beer used to? :shock:

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:04 am

Always did, i was in the Kent pub late 80s early 90s after playing football and a pint of orange and lemonade mixed was more than the pint, that drink could be given away free.....................

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 am

Pubs don't do you any favours if you wish to stay low because you're driving. I was charged £5.20 for two tonic waters in a pint glass with ice in a pub in Teddington. If you want half a pint of beer some pubs penalise you with a 15-20p " premium " because of the extra washing up!
Going back through the mists of time some pubs would have a little carousel thing on the bar containing a soda syphon and bottles of orange and lime juice etc. All compliments of the "Guv".