The Aeronaut Pub in Acton Burnt in NY Fire

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: The Aeronaut Pub in Acton Burnt in NY Fire

Post by 222gers » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Don wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am
222gers wrote:It is/was a strange pub. Brews its own ale on the premises but it was rancid last time I was there. I was the only punter in the pub. Acton doesn't seem to be blessed with an abundance of good pubs, but there again nor does my manor - Fulham. How I envy the folk in Richmond, Brentford, Twickenham etc who have a wealth of alehouses on their doorsteps. Further to travel to Rangers games though. :wink:
The Sloaney Pony used to do excellent beer. Has it changed? And my (now) local brewery, Wadworth, has the King's Arms down near Putney Bridge; but their beer can be a bit ... traditional.
Finally been to the Kings Arms. 6 Wadsworth ales on tap which I guess is the whole range. The landlord gave me a free pint for showing such interest in the beer. I find their ales subtle rather than in-yer-face. I'll certainly go again.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 pm

222gers wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 pm
Don wrote:
222gers wrote:It is/was a strange pub. Brews its own ale on the premises but it was rancid last time I was there. I was the only punter in the pub. Acton doesn't seem to be blessed with an abundance of good pubs, but there again nor does my manor - Fulham. How I envy the folk in Richmond, Brentford, Twickenham etc who have a wealth of alehouses on their doorsteps. Further to travel to Rangers games though. :wink:
The Sloaney Pony used to do excellent beer. Has it changed? And my (now) local brewery, Wadworth, has the King's Arms down near Putney Bridge; but their beer can be a bit ... traditional.
Finally been to the Kings Arms. 6 Wadsworth ales on tap which I guess is the whole range. The landlord gave me a free pint for showing such interest in the beer. I find their ales subtle rather than in-yer-face. I'll certainly go again.
I shall pass that feedback on. Six is more than we see in Devizes! The IPA is a cracking session beer, when it's on form. 6X is a shadow of its former self. Horizon is probably the most 'modern' (and un-Waddies), Bishop's Tipple was inherited - I think from Gibb's Mew. Swordfish divides opinion. What was the other?
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Don wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 pm
222gers wrote:
Don wrote:

I shall pass that feedback on. Six is more than we see in Devizes! The IPA is a cracking session beer, when it's on form. 6X is a shadow of its former self. Horizon is probably the most 'modern' (and un-Waddies), Bishop's Tipple was inherited - I think from Gibb's Mew. Swordfish divides opinion. What was the other?
Dirty Rucker....brewed for the 6 nations.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:36 pm
Don wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:42 pm
222gers wrote:

Dirty Rucker....brewed for the 6 nations.
Oh, and a lovely Golden Ale as well. Wadworth's were at a Meet The Brewer session at the Raven in Hammersmith last week.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Don wrote:

Finally made it to the Sloany Pony. Amazingly, a choice of 6 Real Ales at £3.80 a pint. I had a fiver ready expecting to be told "and the rest, mate"

Times change. Still nice enough in there.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed May 03, 2017 11:57 am

Mrs May said yesterday " there's only going to be one of two people sitting around the negotiating table with the heads of 27 countries, standing up for the UK. It's up to you - me or Jeremy Corbyn."

Oh dear, it emerges that if she wins she will only be nogotiating with the EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier and that's it.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Fri May 05, 2017 2:39 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:57 am
Mrs May said yesterday " there's only going to be one of two people sitting around the negotiating table with the heads of 27 countries, standing up for the UK. It's up to you - me or Jeremy Corbyn."

Oh dear, it emerges that if she wins she will only be nogotiating with the EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier and that's it.
Wrong thread, perchance?
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri May 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Don wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 2:39 pm
222gers wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:57 am

Wrong thread, perchance?
Too much ale !