Page 5 of 5

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 pm
by Damien
morrisd52 wrote:You can't tell me that these strikes are not co -ordinated aimed at causing the most disruption to us ordinary working folk by politically motivated
union leaders out to cause problems for the Government. Roll on the next election
Why does the next election matter! You've already got the party you want in power and will for the forseable future. The working classes who realise that collective bargaining is the only way to stop a return to Victorian times, will carry on until your one-party state legislates them out of existence altogether. Then you'll be happy. Until that day... All power to their elbow.

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 pm
by Damien
UxbridgeR wrote:
William wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
Define great? Our nation was "great" during the Victorian times --- but that great didn't do much for the working classes or the young, the poor, the sick and the elderly?
The working class bit does not apply to me.....................
Not working and no class ?
hysterical Wish I'd said that :wink:

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am
by William
DAVEf wrote:
222gers wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
So we're a bit along the road now. From what you are seeing, who do you think is going to benefit from whatever version of Brexit we end up with? And who will suffer most?
The sort of democratic choice we see in a referendum is of course a single issue affair whereas in an election we are looking at who best looks after our and our country's interest over a possible 5 years. So, supporters of various political parties will have voted with one accord either for or against Brexit. Who ulimately benefits from Brexit, no one can, with any certaincy, safely say at this moment in time.
If you genuinely believe the vote swung on party-political loyalties then I'd be better discussing it with my dog (and I wouldn't bore him with that).

And anyway, I asked who, given the information we currently have, you thought would benefit (and who would suffer) most. A simple opinion.
No one will suffer, we will all be better off, EU has been holding us back.................

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:10 pm
by Don
Damien wrote:
morrisd52 wrote:You can't tell me that these strikes are not co -ordinated aimed at causing the most disruption to us ordinary working folk by politically motivated
union leaders out to cause problems for the Government. Roll on the next election
Why does the next election matter! You've already got the party you want in power and will for the forseable future. The working classes who realise that collective bargaining is the only way to stop a return to Victorian times, will carry on until your one-party state legislates them out of existence altogether. Then you'll be happy. Until that day... All power to their elbow.
Blimey ... Billy Boy is my long-lost twin!

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:52 pm
by SheepRanger
Nigel Farage will one day be regarded as one of our Greatest Britons and will eventually be held in the same regard as Brunel.

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:59 pm
by Esox Lucius
SheepRanger wrote:Nigel Farage will one day be regarded as one of our Greatest Britons and will eventually be held in the same regard as Brunel.
I like to think of him as a Janus character.

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:05 pm
by Don
Esox Lucius wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:Nigel Farage will one day be regarded as one of our Greatest Britons and will eventually be held in the same regard as Brunel.
I like to think of him as a Janus character.
Hugh?

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm
by Esox Lucius
Don wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:Nigel Farage will one day be regarded as one of our Greatest Britons and will eventually be held in the same regard as Brunel.
I like to think of him as a Janus character.
Hugh?
:D More the theatrical/ Greek myth interpretation but I like your thinking.

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:43 pm
by rblockells
Don wrote:
Damien wrote:
morrisd52 wrote:You can't tell me that these strikes are not co -ordinated aimed at causing the most disruption to us ordinary working folk by politically motivated
union leaders out to cause problems for the Government. Roll on the next election
Why does the next election matter! You've already got the party you want in power and will for the forseable future. The working classes who realise that collective bargaining is the only way to stop a return to Victorian times, will carry on until your one-party state legislates them out of existence altogether. Then you'll be happy. Until that day... All power to their elbow.
Blimey ... Billy Boy is my long-lost twin!
So come on Don...spill...who is "William" ???

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm
by Don
rblockells wrote:So come on Don...spill...who is "William" ???
Hud

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:25 am
by rblockells
Don wrote:
rblockells wrote:So come on Don...spill...who is "William" ???
Hud
Hud's nemesis .?

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:49 am
by Don
rblockells wrote:
Don wrote:
rblockells wrote:So come on Don...spill...who is "William" ???
Hud
Hud's nemesis .?
No, Hud is Hud's nemesis. This is the real Hud. You know it makes sense.

Re: New Referendum

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:36 pm
by Esox Lucius
[quote="Don]
No, Hud is Hud's nemesis. This is the real Hud. You know it makes sense.[/quote]
hysterical nailonhead