What Boris Johnson said today...

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

What Boris Johnson said today...

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm

"One comment I would make is that I think an awful lot of the money, an awful lot of police time, now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey - £60m I saw was being spaffed up the wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing."

Boris is a complete and utter cünt.
Staff Benda Bilili

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: What Boris Johnson said today...

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 am

Depends. Without doubt these historic offences have to be investigated and those involved brought to justice. With investigation other offences will undoubtedly be uncovered.

However we shouldn't go at it hammer and tong throwing money and police resources at it to the detriment of present day policing. Tackle it in an efficient and methodical way over time.

Here In Wiltshire, due to a lack of funding, officers for the first time ever have to patrol by themselves. Unable to patrol three remote villages the police held a Twitter Poll asking the public which of the three villages they would like to see some sort of Police presence in.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm
"One comment I would make is that I think an awful lot of the money, an awful lot of police time, now goes into these historic offences and all this malarkey - £60m I saw was being spaffed up the wall on some investigation into historic child abuse and all this kind of thing."

Indeed. He's also my local MP. He's one of a growing number of politicians that I sincerely hope will be drummed out of office, and indeed public life in the not too distant future. Although the country is currently so screwed up, it's more likely he'll be Prime Minister.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Indeed. He's also my local MP. He's one of a growing number of politicians that I sincerely hope will be drummed out of office, and indeed public life in the not too distant future. Although the country is currently so screwed up, it's more likely he'll be Prime Minister.
Apparently he's lost weight and had a haircut for that very reason, this all feels like Weimar Germany once again.
Staff Benda Bilili

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am
this all feels like Weimar Germany once again.
What annoys me more than anything else is fake news, lies in the media and selective reporting. Whether that is The Weimar Republic or not I don't know!

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am
this all feels like Weimar Germany once again.
What annoys me more than anything else is fake news, lies in the media and selective reporting. Whether that is The Weimar Republic or not I don't know!
I'm talking about this place before it was dismembered by you know who with the missing gonad!

Staff Benda Bilili

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:43 pm

Needs to vakkorf back to the Bullington club.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 pm

They call him "Rubber Johnson".
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 am
Although the country is currently so screwed up, it's more likely he'll be Prime Minister.
...well, after Berlusconi in Italy and Trump in the US....why not having another joker leading a major country...?? :lol: :lol: :lol: