World Cup Questions

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

World Cup Questions

Post by DG » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

1) When did Robbie Williams morph into Morrissey?
Locum meum praecepta mea

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: World Cup Questions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am

Why is Robbie Williams?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

3. Is anyone interested in the world cup?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Yes mate, put it this way someone looked down on us when Harry Kane’s mum conceived him.

We should have had a pen tonite & dominated without creating a killer chance in the second half but that man again came to the rescue.

Been an interesting World Cup so far, nice to have something shorten that big gap from now til August.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:42 am

I could've scored the two goals that Kane scored. As for Walker? Stupid knob cost me 44 quid. Whatever the pundits might say about missed chances, to a large extent England were outplayed by Tunisia - certainly out-passed. They are an utter disgrace. A lucky disgrace - for now.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am

Montag wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:42 am
I could've scored the two goals that Kane scored. As for Walker? Stupid knob cost me 44 quid. Whatever the pundits might say about missed chances, to a large extent England were outplayed by Tunisia - certainly out-passed. They are an utter disgrace. A lucky disgrace - for now.

Sorry I can't agree with you here. England were by far the most dominant team. Several poor misses, two clear cut penalties unawarded, very little luck.

Tunisia were very poor, had very little attacking possession. I would say on a par with Saudi Arabia as perhaps the poorest performance so far. Their keeper(s) did well though.

On another day, it could have and should have been 4 or 5 for England.

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Spanish Ranger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:35 am

Montag wrote:
Might I suggest you're letting your betting slip do the talking as I think you were watching a different game. First 35 mins we totally dominated and If Lingard had connected with his 2 chances the game would have been done at half time. Very dubious penalty for them that was not matched by 2 blatant ones that weren't given at the other end.
Second half they put 10 behind the ball and made little attempt to cross half way. To be fair, we didn't look great at breaking them down, but at least we kept playing to the end.
Great perfromance - no. But certainly not a discrace.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm
I try not to be, but I wind myself up every time. Every two years a major competition turns up and England don't, and I promise myself that I won't get hyped up about the next one, and then I do. I don't think I've been less hyped for a world cup than this one, but within 20 seconds of kick off I'm screaming at the tele and dreaming of football world domination. Watching that second half my hair got a bit greyer, so thanks for saving my sanity Harry.

Maybe this time....just maybe. Get out of my head please.

I hate football.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 am

Spanish Ranger wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:35 am
Montag wrote:
Might I suggest you're letting your betting slip do the talking as I think you were watching a different game. First 35 mins we totally dominated and If Lingard had connected with his 2 chances the game would have been done at half time. Very dubious penalty for them that was not matched by 2 blatant ones that weren't given at the other end.
Second half they put 10 behind the ball and made little attempt to cross half way. To be fair, we didn't look great at breaking them down, but at least we kept playing to the end.
Great perfromance - no. But certainly not a discrace.
nailonhead IMHO. Encouraging performance but England's wastefulness in front of goal concerned me and let's see how England cope with a team that wants to take the game to them before we get carried away...which we will, given half a chance. :wink:
Question everything.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 am

At least Australia aren't losing at everything

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:04 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 am
At least Australia aren't losing at everything
Unfortunately, not quite but almost...left hanging out for their spirited but lacking in quality football team.

Still, Belgium have actually done what England should have done to Tunisia.
Question everything.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 pm

My anger has subsided and yes England could've won by 5 or even 6. BUT the close passing of Tunisia was superior to England's. It was only pace that gave us the edge. Can you name another side in the competition that would've wasted all those chances? We'll scrape through tomorrow but I'm not relishing the Belgium game. We'll come 2nd and play Japan. Might get past them then it'll be a bumpy ride. :oops: Sorry I think it'll be Senegal - might not make it past them.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 pm
My anger has subsided and yes England could've won by 5 or even 6. BUT the close passing of Tunisia was superior to England's. It was only pace that gave us the edge. Can you name another side in the competition that would've wasted all those chances? We'll scrape through tomorrow but I'm not relishing the Belgium game. We'll come 2nd and play Japan. Might get past them then it'll be a bumpy ride. :oops: Sorry I think it'll be Senegal - might not make it past them.

Ooops so wide of the mark. That’s probably why you didn’t have any success with your betting slip

:wink:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Very impressive performances against two weak teams, but nevertheless fun to watch. The Belgium game is a dead rubber, and group H looks v. poor so I expect to only see a real test in the quarter finals. It will be interesting. Maybe we will lose to Japan, (columbia or Senegal), but I don't see it. A top 8 finish is still a remarkable achievement, and with some luck (and with no Young, Loftus-Cheeks, or Sterling.. please) we could even reach the semis.

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Spanish Ranger » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 am

Montag wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:33 pm
After last night, I'm thinking Germany!!!
Surprised not more comment on here about their demise - was off the sofa jumping about as Son raced away to score the second - mind you I'm currently in Asia so it was late and I'd had a few by then. Couldn't stop laughing for 5 mins!