Question

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Question

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Why don't we pay ffp?
If we can afford a new ground and a new training ground plenty of money available?
You obviously haven't been following anything to do with QPR or you would know the answer, it was debated to death at the time. The board are paying the FFP fine back out of their own pockets over 10 years and it doesn't impact the club in any way. If you go and sit down and have a good read of exactly what FFP and P&S is you will have a much greater idea of what happened in football and also how that no matter how rich the members of a clubs board are, they are disbarred from throwing any more money than a total of £39m over a rolling three year period.
Nah know absolutely nothing. Just been a season ticket holder practically all my life. We've spent 50k. And so they should pay it back out of their own pockets but they are not. Which ia why they tried to turn the debt in to shares Its coming out of the club. Hence why we are strung up. I have read up on FFP and it is utter bollocks.
The club runs at a loss every year, to the tune of £250M+ over the last 8 years. Who do you think funds that ?

As I explained earlier in the thread, the fine isn't the issue. We've already taken the hit for that. We have to balance the books to avoid breaking the rules again, and ending up with another sanction, possibly a points deduction or transfer embargo.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:56 am

Lee Hoos: “The owners write a cheque every month to keep this up and running, without them we’d be up the swanny. It’s not a small amount either, it’s around £1m a month just to keep the club afloat. We wouldn’t be here without them because there’s no income coming in. Their commitment has been extremely strong. There’s no sign of diminished commitment. The club cannot survive a day without owner funding. Without it we’re into administration."
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm
many thanks Dennis, The M.....

its just that we have this tag, "one of the UK's richest clubs" and it all gets thrown together...he, as you say, is just one small element of the gang.
I know what you mean, Stans left f... :wink: I think that tag has just about expired by now - and good riddence to it as well.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:02 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am
Stans left foot wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm
many thanks Dennis, The M.....

its just that we have this tag, "one of the UK's richest clubs" and it all gets thrown together...he, as you say, is just one small element of the gang.
I know what you mean, Stans left f... :wink: I think that tag has just about expired by now - and good riddance to it as well.
We still have one of the wealthiest boards in football but it is analogous to having all that wealth in readies in your hand and being stuck on a deserted island in the middle of the Atlantic with nowhere to spend it. I honestly don't get why some fans still think that all we need to do is spend a load of money and the clubs future is assured... unless they are fully aware of this and are just trolling because it feeds their ego.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:16 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm
It IS utter bollocks, but unfortunately it's also the financial framework we have to live within, or suffer fines, points deductions, that sort of thing. So your plan to get rich people to throw money at players we can't afford, and who won't want to play for us, is doomed to failure.
This is a recipe for success!