Question

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 am
Location: Harrow via Surrey

Question

Post by LewiHoop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Ok ok i am getting really pissed off cos we are losing again. I have heard Fernandes and others at the club admit the owners have "money to spend" then why not bloody pay the FFP fine in full and get that bastard off our back? Then invest in the squad? I don't buy the "club needs to stay within its means" just invest wisely in players or we are seriously going down again. Then we really are fu*$3d! We need bums on seats. 50k doesn't cut it. PAY THE FFP we can then rebuild. We are not filling a new stadium and we don't need a new training ground in League One. Imo. aniwall

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Question

Post by old pauline » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm

What is the question ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6544
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Question

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:36 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Ok ok i am getting really pissed off cos we are losing again. I have heard Fernandes and others at the club admit the owners have "money to spend" then why not bloody pay the FFP fine in full and get that bastard off our back? Then invest in the squad? I don't buy the "club needs to stay within its means" just invest wisely in players or we are seriously going down again. Then we really are fu*$3d! We need bums on seats. 50k doesn't cut it. PAY THE FFP we can then rebuild. We are not filling a new stadium and we don't need a new training ground in League One. Imo. aniwall
Why would paying the whole FFP fine help us rebuild.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10220
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Question

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Ok ok i am getting really pissed off cos we are losing again. I have heard Fernandes and others at the club admit the owners have "money to spend" then why not bloody pay the FFP fine in full and get that bastard off our back? Then invest in the squad? I don't buy the "club needs to stay within its means" just invest wisely in players or we are seriously going down again. Then we really are fu*$3d! We need bums on seats. 50k doesn't cut it. PAY THE FFP we can then rebuild. We are not filling a new stadium and we don't need a new training ground in League One. Imo. aniwall
The fine isn't the issue, as we've already taken the full hit for that in the 2017-18 accounts. The problem is making sure we avoid a further FFP breach by exceeding the £39M losses allowed over a rolling three year period.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4201
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Question

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm

I think you need to read a proper paper and get some background on the owners....

if current news is to be beleived, Mr Mittal has lost a fortune in recent weeks, he's not exactly broke, but then I don't think spending out on QPR just to scratch your financial itch is top of his priorities....
Last edited by Stans left foot on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5171
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Re: Question

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Ok ok i am getting really pissed off cos we are losing again. I have heard Fernandes and others at the club admit the owners have "money to spend" then why not bloody pay the FFP fine in full and get that bastard off our back? Then invest in the squad? I don't buy the "club needs to stay within its means" just invest wisely in players or we are seriously going down again. Then we really are fu*$3d! We need bums on seats. 50k doesn't cut it. PAY THE FFP we can then rebuild. We are not filling a new stadium and we don't need a new training ground in League One. Imo. aniwall
The owners are only hanging around in the hope of reclaiming some of their money back if they manage to sell the land that Loftus Road is on. In the meantime they employ puppets like the DoF to tell the fans how we're moving forward, when we are now light years behind Brentford ffs.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9274
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Question

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:02 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Ok ok i am getting really pissed off cos we are losing again. I have heard Fernandes and others at the club admit the owners have "money to spend" then why not bloody pay the FFP fine in full and get that bastard off our back? Then invest in the squad? I don't buy the "club needs to stay within its means" just invest wisely in players or we are seriously going down again. Then we really are fu*$3d! We need bums on seats. 50k doesn't cut it. PAY THE FFP we can then rebuild. We are not filling a new stadium and we don't need a new training ground in League One. Imo. aniwall
The owners are only hanging around in the hope of reclaiming some of their money back if they manage to sell the land that Loftus Road is on. In the meantime they employ puppets like the DoF to tell the fans how we're moving forward, when we are now light years behind Brentford ffs.
Hello ... that broken record is playing again.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 am
Location: Harrow via Surrey

Re: Question

Post by LewiHoop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm
What is the question ?
Why don't we pay ffp?
If we can afford a new ground and a new training ground plenty of money available?

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 am
Location: Harrow via Surrey

Re: Question

Post by LewiHoop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm
I think you need to ready a proper paper and get some background on the owners....

if current news is to be beleived, Mr Mittal has lost a fortune in recent weeks, he's not exactly broke, but then I don't think spending out on QPR just to scratch your financial itch is top of his priorities....
Agreen in TF what about Reuben? - Apparently there's plenty of money behind the club!!! What exactly does this mean?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21365
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Question

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm
What is the question ?
Why don't we pay ffp?
If we can afford a new ground and a new training ground plenty of money available?
You obviously haven't been following anything to do with QPR or you would know the answer, it was debated to death at the time. The board are paying the FFP fine back out of their own pockets over 10 years and it doesn't impact the club in any way. If you go and sit down and have a good read of exactly what FFP and P&S is you will have a much greater idea of what happened in football and also how that no matter how rich the members of a clubs board are, they are disbarred from throwing any more money than a total of £39m over a rolling three year period.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Question

Post by old pauline » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:38 pm

LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm
What is the question ?
Why don't we pay ffp?
If we can afford a new ground and a new training ground plenty of money available?
Ah, OK, sorry. I was reading it in haste, suffering from PMT after yesterday's latest defeat.

My understanding was that the owners were going to pay the FFP but that it doesn't really change things anyway because we are still turning out a loss year on year.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13529
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Question

Post by dm » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:09 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 pm
I think you need to read a proper paper and get some background on the owners....

if current news is to be beleived, Mr Mittal has lost a fortune in recent weeks, he's not exactly broke, but then I don't think spending out on QPR just to scratch your financial itch is top of his priorities....
Just to point out that Mittal only has a 3.5% share in the club. Ruben Gnanalingam is the majority shareholder at a little over 51% with Tony Fernandes and Kamarudin Meranum together at a little over 45%.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4201
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Question

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 pm

many thanks Dennis, The M.....

its just that we have this tag, "one of the UK's richest clubs" and it all gets thrown together...he, as you say, is just one small element of the gang.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

LewiHoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 am
Location: Harrow via Surrey

Re: Question

Post by LewiHoop » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:02 pm
LewiHoop wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:15 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm
What is the question ?
Why don't we pay ffp?
If we can afford a new ground and a new training ground plenty of money available?
You obviously haven't been following anything to do with QPR or you would know the answer, it was debated to death at the time. The board are paying the FFP fine back out of their own pockets over 10 years and it doesn't impact the club in any way. If you go and sit down and have a good read of exactly what FFP and P&S is you will have a much greater idea of what happened in football and also how that no matter how rich the members of a clubs board are, they are disbarred from throwing any more money than a total of £39m over a rolling three year period.
Nah know absolutely nothing. Just been a season ticket holder practically all my life. We've spent 50k. And so they should pay it back out of their own pockets but they are not. Which ia why they tried to turn the debt in to shares Its coming out of the club. Hence why we are strung up. I have read up on FFP and it is utter bollocks.

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Near Lewes, E Sussex

Re: Question

Post by Greyhound » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:50 pm

It IS utter bollocks, but unfortunately it's also the financial framework we have to live within, or suffer fines, points deductions, that sort of thing. So your plan to get rich people to throw money at players we can't afford, and who won't want to play for us, is doomed to failure.

Post Reply