Strategy - do we have one ?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Strategy - do we have one ?

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:14 am

OK so I know we're probably all pissed off at losing to two teams in the bottom half but....

correct me if I'm wrong, in the press there was a whiff of optimism that we would / could, on past form pre closedown, be an outsider for the play offs.

I guess, in Warnock language, were he around, means we're capable of it and we'd give it a go.

We had nothing to lose, no risk of relegation, but a chance of a play off place means a real end to the season and some much needed income, who knows.....

instead of which we get two abject failures, and I'm hearing we're playing "one up front".....so where's the logic / strategy in doing that?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Strategy - do we have one ?

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 am

Finish this farce of a season without any injuries?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:14 am
OK so I know we're probably all pissed off at losing to two teams in the bottom half but....

correct me if I'm wrong, in the press there was a whiff of optimism that we would / could, on past form pre closedown, be an outsider for the play offs.

I guess, in Warnock language, were he around, means we're capable of it and we'd give it a go.

We had nothing to lose, no risk of relegation, but a chance of a play off place means a real end to the season and some much needed income, who knows.....

instead of which we get two abject failures, and I'm hearing we're playing "one up front".....so where's the logic / strategy in doing that?
We've started with one up front plenty of times since Warburton took charge. Sometimes it's worked, sometimes not. We've been inconsistent all season, which is why we were 13th going into the lockdown, yet somehow in the interim, people have convinced themselves that we were "dark horses" for the play-offs. Two disappointing results later, and now we're "looking anxiously over our shoulders". Apparently.

The "strategy" hasn't changed in a long time. I believe you've praised itself, after good results. Do people honestly believe that we weren't trying to win the last two games and that for some incomprehensible reason , we don't fancy getting promoted ?

It's always feast or famine for some.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:51 pm

We're playing one up front because we only have one central striker and our best player is at his best as a number ten (even if he had a poor game). We're still playing 4 attacking players. It isn't a defensive or defeatist selection.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:12 pm

I agree with the three replies above. 'It is what it is' is the phrase that comes to mind and I am sure that Warburton would not have wanted or will be very happy about how things have happened.

One thing which I think we should not have done though is to have bleated about the re-start date because I think that has translated to the players who might have used at as an excuse for starting slowly/playing poorly in the games.
Come on you Sooopa ........

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am

Perhaps Hoos was "bleating" about the restart date because he knew the players had been in the p1ss since lockdown and weren't ready to return.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:22 am

deepseahoop wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am
Perhaps Hoos was "bleating" about the restart date because he knew the players had been in the p1ss since lockdown and weren't ready to return.
I take it that's a criticism of Hoos.