Relegation....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Relegation....

Post by Bevan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm

As I type, with Middlesbrough and hull winning we are only 7 points from the drop ....

Should we be worried? If we can’t score against Barnsley or charlton...

:(

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Relegation....

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm

IMHO we really shouldn't be having such a conversation.
Question everything.

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm

I agree that we should be worried.
52 points may be needed

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Hate to say it but yes.....

We truly are the gift that keeps giving...... We need a win or two to be sure of safety
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Personally I am worried but I don't think it serves much purpose to worry because Warbs has got a tricky task on his hands and he needs backing. I do think some bad decisions have been made player-wise but I have thought that since his regime started.
Come on you Sooopa ........

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Excluding the first four games or so, how many times have we actually been in the bottom three in the last five seasons ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:14 pm

The worrying thing is we really do look poor. Back four are vulnerable, midfield is going sideways a lot and we don't have anything approaching a striker. And to add to it probably are most in form player pre lockdown Bright has gone completely , almost scared to do what he was doing before. We really need to get some form back on tuesday or we could be smashed which would only make things worse. It is a strange thing confidence but one thing is for sure we have lost it and maybe part of it is that half our players think they are on holiday already. Tod Kane being the best example of being absolutely awful on every occasion he has touched the ball post lockdown. Enough ability is there but the players have to start to want it. Hopefully Fulham will mean enough to at least avoid a total tanking.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:24 am

We appear to have gone from Play-off Dark Horses (yes, I saw it written plain as day on the BBC website) to relegation threatened in a mere 8 days! ethink
Question everything.

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 am

old pauline wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:42 pm
Personally I am worried but I don't think it serves much purpose to worry because Warbs has got a tricky task on his hands and he needs backing. I do think some bad decisions have been made player-wise but I have thought that since his regime started.
I'm really disappointed in who we've loaned this season, it really doesn't seem to add anything to our squad and doesn't appear to be good value for money. Matt Smith from Man City was woeful, Amos has looked lightweight whenever I've watched him, I don't rate Hugill at all and have been saying so all season. Not mobile enough and needs way too many chances to score, misses some absolute sitters. I didn't rate him as one of a front two and I definitely don't think he's anywhere near good enough to play as a lone striker. Add in Mlakar who never got a look in, and the enigmatic signing of Jack Clarke who has now disappeared and I really think this is something that we should be looking at.

With the purse strings as tight as they are, these loan signings should be bolstering our options, but more often than not we seem to try and accommodate them whilst they do nothing for the team.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Wells was a loan too, and scored 15 goals by January, and Hugill has 13, although his conversion rate isn't great. You could probably argue about whether or not they represented good value for the money we're paying them, but they've both done reasonably well in absolute terms. We still don't actually own a decent striker, and one or two of those should definitely be a priority in the summer.

As you say though, the others have been very hit and miss. I think Amos has been OK, but maybe the injuries he had mean he's not quite the player we hoped we were getting. The re-signing of Clarke only to sit on the bench for the last two games is baffling to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?