Season Ticket

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Season Ticket

Post by stainesranger » Sat May 16, 2020 10:27 am

If they’re not going to impose new sanctions on clubs breaching the rules post covid, there is at least an argument that they should relax/forego any payments already due for pre-covid breaches.

If the principle is that they don’t want FFP to sink clubs suffering from the financial implications of the pandemic, then that should apply whenever the breach took place.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 16, 2020 10:42 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:19 am
QPR_John wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:21 pm
Rich owners can't put money in because FFP.

And trimming our playing budget or selling players = goodbye Bright and Eze on the cheap.
while I believe the current FFP regulations may be found wanting if tested in court if the FL use FFP to stop an owner saving his own business then I think they would be in trouble
I have written a message to the EFL regarding their position over owners pumping money in to save a club. It will take up to ten days for them to respond but once I get a reply I will post it in here.
Thanks for that it will be interesting to see their reply although I think it will be along the lines of each case is assessed on its merits.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sat May 16, 2020 10:47 am

The problem is that they are not going to allow owners to bankroll clubs, unless those clubs have already sold their Ezes, Bright and Mannings for half their market value. And owners - despite their unenviable track records - are likely to be wary of turning on a firehose of money just to maintain a club that could go under in 12 months anyway.

Back to the original point: I'm one of the lucky ones, I can pay for my season ticket and roll with whatever the club / football at large throws at me. Not all our fans will be able to afford to renew their ST, and even less so if what they are getting in return is less than they got in the past. It's a real dilemma for clubs.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat May 16, 2020 10:54 am

Greyhound wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:47 am
The problem is that they are not going to allow owners to bankroll clubs, unless those clubs have already sold their Ezes, Bright and Mannings for half their market value. And owners - despite their unenviable track records - are likely to be wary of turning on a firehose of money just to maintain a club that could go under in 12 months anyway.

Back to the original point: I'm one of the lucky ones, I can pay for my season ticket and roll with whatever the club / football at large throws at me. Not all our fans will be able to afford to renew their ST, and even less so if what they are getting in return is less than they got in the past. It's a real dilemma for clubs.
A dilemma indeed. If the club raises ST prices to increase revenue this may be counterproductive as it may put some fans off. I don't think ST prices have risen for many a year though. I fear some older fans will not return especially if they are in less than perfect health.

The authorities need to help clubs as much as possible. Will all clubs survive ? Likely not I'm afraid.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 am

Greyhound wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:47 am

You can only sell if there is somebody to buy. If the greed is good clubs decide to simply wait for teams to go under wonder what the FL will do then. I am sure they will want a league to control when this is all over.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:42 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:10 pm

while I believe the current FFP regulations may be found wanting if tested in court if the FL use FFP to stop an owner saving his own business then I think they would be in trouble
I have written a message to the EFL regarding their position over owners pumping money in to save a club. It will take up to ten days for them to respond but once I get a reply I will post it in here.
Thanks for that it will be interesting to see their reply although I think it will be along the lines of each case is assessed on its merits.
I received the reply this morning and it couldn't tell you less if had been blank. :evil:
"Thank you for your email, we appreciate you getting in touch.
There are currently a range of ongoing discussions with member clubs across a range of matters linked to the COVID-19 crisis. Clearly there are a number of financial and operational repercussions and therefore considerations, and the EFL will continue to work with all its members to progress these, and arrive at the necessary decisions as appropriate in what remain challenging and complex circumstances.
Any further updates will be provided in due course.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.
Regards,
Andrew

Supporter Services Department

EFL"
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed May 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am
QPR_John wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

I received the reply this morning and it couldn't tell you less if had been blank. :evil:
There are currently a range of ongoing discussions with member clubs across a range of matters linked to the COVID-19 crisis. Clearly there are a number of financial and operational repercussions and therefore considerations, and the EFL will continue to work with all its members to progress these, and arrive at the necessary decisions as appropriate in what remain challenging and complex circumstances.

Regards,
Andrew

EFL"
Reading between the lines, the message is clear - "Stay Alert and using good old British common sense, we will safely navigate this crisis".

Get your plumber to explain it to you :wink:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed May 20, 2020 2:18 pm

I would reply:

Dear EFL,

I would not want to mislead you, or indeed to be in the position of telling you something that you already know, if I were to say that we haven't always seen eye-to-eye with regard to the many things that crop up from time to time with regard to one thing and another on an across the board basis.

That'd tell 'em.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:18 pm
I would reply:

Dear EFL,

I would not want to mislead you, or indeed to be in the position of telling you something that you already know, if I were to say that we haven't always seen eye-to-eye with regard to the many things that crop up from time to time with regard to one thing and another on an across the board basis.

That'd tell 'em.
:D Consider it done. :D

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 20, 2020 2:58 pm

Just sent this off...

15:55 (1 minute ago)
to EFL

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for replying,
Regards,
Michael
Season Ticket Holder.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm

:lol: Do let us know if you get a response Esox!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 pm

dm wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm
I will, I could become the dotorg Joe Lycett. :D

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am
QPR_John wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Regards,
Andrew

EFL"
What did I tell you🙂

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 pm
dm wrote:
I got this back from my second e-mail to him.

"Thank you for your reply.

I should add that there are currently provisions in the rules for losses up to a specified level to be underwritten by the owners through equity (not loans). However the significant impact of Covid-19 on all Club Financial submissions will obviously form part of a number of discussions with Clubs going forward.

Thank you again for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Andrew

EFL

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun May 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:09 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:33 pm
dm wrote:
I got this back from my second e-mail to him.

"Thank you for your reply.

I should add that there are currently provisions in the rules for losses up to a specified level to be underwritten by the owners through equity (not loans). However the significant impact of Covid-19 on all Club Financial submissions will obviously form part of a number of discussions with Clubs going forward.

Thank you again for contacting the EFL.

Regards,

Andrew

EFL
Hitting your head against a brick wall becomes painful after a while