Brentford

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Brentford

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:15 pm

I am going to be rooting for them to go up. Hopefully they will get "Torn a new arse" every week to teach them some manners. Feckin hate them as much as Chelski now :shock:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Brentford

Post by White Duck » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 pm

They do seem to have some issues, like their bitter and odd stadium announcer refusing to ever say our name properly due to his ongoing anger over our attempted takeover of them in the 1960s. :D
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 pm

I've never been able to hate Brentford. To me they're still a plucky little club down the road.

And it's strange they've ever felt hard done by over the club takeover thing in the 60s as it was their own general manager who initiated the talks.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:11 pm

I used to quite like them. When I was at school and too young to go to Rangers away games I'd sometimes get the trolleybus up there and watch them when the Rangers were away. They were a slightly bigger club than us having recently played in the top flight and getting higher gates. I also like the pubs there. Have to admit I've gone right off them now. As said, a spell getting slaughtered in the Prem might do them good.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:17 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 pm
I've never been able to hate Brentford. To me they're still a plucky little club down the road.

And it's strange they've ever felt hard done by over the club takeover thing in the 60s as it was their own general manager who initiated the talks.
They are so bitter they aren't interested in facts. We will rise above them again one day - if someone at QPR will take the fixture against them as seriously as they and our supporters do.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:18 pm

One of the issues may be for people that Brentford are a really well run club who have very innovative ideas around the buying of players. Let us be fair their chairman has played a blinder and created a highly successful operation. The alternative was TF an ego filled maniac who did the opposite and created a mess it will take a long time to get over. Sometimes there is nothing more annoying than seeing a competitor doing what we all would like to have done. A wise chairman against a total buffoon with an ego the size of 2 houses.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:18 pm
One of the issues may be for people that Brentford are a really well run club who have very innovative ideas around the buying of players. Let us be fair their chairman has played a blinder and created a highly successful operation. The alternative was TF an ego filled maniac who did the opposite and created a mess it will take a long time to get over. Sometimes there is nothing more annoying than seeing a competitor doing what we all would like to have done. A wise chairman against a total buffoon with an ego the size of 2 houses.
I have no problem with their achievements. It's their twisted narrative against us, and of course their annual humiliations of us. Having said all that - they are a good example of how to run a club. Maybe MW can lend us a few tips :wink:

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:17 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 pm

They are so bitter they aren't interested in facts. We will rise above them again one day - if someone at QPR will take the fixture against them as seriously as they and our supporters do.
Should they manage to get promotion this season I can imagine they'd have a hard time in the Prem. They may well find it difficult to attract better quality players and getting used to playing in a new stadium at the same time as plying their trade in the top league could well add another layer of difficulty.
Last edited by dm on Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Their new stadium will have a capacity of 17,250. That is smaller than Loftus Road.

Strange one that. They are describing it as Premiership ready though.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:03 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Their new stadium will have a capacity of 17,250. That is smaller than Loftus Road.

They've made the seats a patchwork of different colours so that it won't look as empty when the TV cameras are there: now that's planning ahead.
Lex Talionis........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:45 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:03 pm
They've made the seats a patchwork of different colours so that it won't look as empty when the TV cameras are there: now that's planning ahead.
Don't be bitter now Duck, don't be bitter, I know they spanked us good and proper,
but we can learn from it all, lets be Zen about it eh :wink:

Staff Benda Bilili

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 am

White Duck wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

How does the colour of the seats make the ground look less empty ? Have they painted little men on them ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:47 am
White Duck wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:

How does the colour of the seats make the ground look less empty ? Have they painted little men on them ?
It kind of seems to work at the Gabba.
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Well maybe if you've been out in the sun too long :)

Talking of which, are you impacted at all by the bushfires, WA ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:58 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:08 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 am
UxbridgeR wrote:

Well maybe if you've been out in the sun too long :)

Talking of which, are you impacted at all by the bushfires, WA ?
That probably sums up Queenslanders. :wink:

WA hasn't suffered in any way like NSW, fortunately other than a bit of thick smoke haze from some local bushfires I've been largely unaffected. Of course it helps living on the coast rather than inland. Anyway, thanks for asking.
Question everything.