Today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Today

Post by Greyhound » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm

We are at least 5 years behind Brentford, but our big opportunity is now with Hoos, Les, Chris Ramsey, and Warburton. That is the best combination we have had in those key roles, and is exactly what Brentford got right. Our big opportunity was not the PL years and the income we squandered (just to remind you, very few complaints from supporters when we were spending silly money on players, there are plenty who still want to go down this road), in many ways, it was the worst thing that could have happened to us. If we can keep those individuals in place, there is a good chance we can continue to build.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm
We are at least 5 years behind Brentford, but our big opportunity is now with Hoos, Les, Chris Ramsey, and Warburton. That is the best combination we have had in those key roles, and is exactly what Brentford got right. Our big opportunity was not the PL years and the income we squandered (just to remind you, very few complaints from supporters when we were spending silly money on players, there are plenty who still want to go down this road), in many ways, it was the worst thing that could have happened to us. If we can keep those individuals in place, there is a good chance we can continue to build.
Really

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:13 am

stainesranger wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 pm
I hope he has lost influence but the media team may have, understandably, just kept him from talking to the media.
I don't think it makes much sense to say that his massive ego is a problem and then that he might have been cowed by the media team of one of his smaller business interests.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 am

I hope you’re right. But even Donald Trump occasionally listens to his advisers before going back to saying whatever he wants. Just because you’ve got a massive ego doesn’t make it impossible to fall in line on occasion, especially if you have a very obvious track record of getting things wrong in that department like TF has.

TF is obviously very charming and that is an asset. You want to believe him and I think he believes himself. Unfortunately the substance just hasn’t been there.

It was only a year ago that he was predicting us to power through to the fifth round of the FA Cup and lauding his decision making prowess in appointing SM. I think he also intimated that he continued to have a role. How big that role is we don’t know.

All that said, I agree with all the comments above that we appear to have the right people in place at the moment.