Today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Today

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Frankly we were outclassed today. All our young players who think they are something special and ready for the Premier League got a good lesson from what is a very good Brentford side. Samuel had his moments in the second half , Eze was shown what will happen to him if he goes up a league, similarly for Manning and i wont mention Amos who was completely governed and was dreadful. The good news is i really don't see anyone coming in to buy our 'stars'. They come up against a quality side and they failed as simple as that. The second half was better but probably because Brentford were taking it easy. And Lumley? If if compare him to Shreya i think you have your answer.
We need, in my view, somebody in midfield who can pass a ball other than sideways or backwards [ Amos] and has a bit of mettle about them [ not Amos] . We also need a new goalkeeper. A good keeper keeps you in games and in my view 2 of their goals would have been stopped by a good keeper - 1 saved due to better positioning and 2 saved because any half decent keeper can kick the ball.
With what we have unless we are very high energy we get found out and stuffed .... as we were today!

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3855
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Today

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:05 pm
Frankly we were outclassed today. All our young players who think they are something special and ready for the Premier League got a good lesson from what is a very good Brentford side. Samuel had his moments in the second half , Eze was shown what will happen to him if he goes up a league, similarly for Manning and i wont mention Amos who was completely governed and was dreadful. The good news is i really don't see anyone coming in to buy our 'stars'. They come up against a quality side and they failed as simple as that. The second half was better but probably because Brentford were taking it easy. And Lumley? If if compare him to Shreya i think you have your answer.
We need, in my view, somebody in midfield who can pass a ball other than sideways or backwards [ Amos] and has a bit of mettle about them [ not Amos] . We also need a new goalkeeper. A good keeper keeps you in games and in my view 2 of their goals would have been stopped by a good keeper - 1 saved due to better positioning and 2 saved because any half decent keeper can kick the ball.
With what we have unless we are very high energy we get found out and stuffed .... as we were today!
Agree with all that. BOS looked what he is, a good work in progress, Manning looked ordinary, Chair was OK but no better than that,
Eze up against a very good Champ side didn't shine, keep in mind that most Prem teams are better.
Amos will never play for Tottenham's 1st team, he's in a quandary, if we can nab him on a free then OK but he's less Premiership
ready than Eze!
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10775
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Today

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:33 pm

We've come up short against all the quality sides in this league so far(Yes Leeds, I'm talking about you). We have a L1 defence which continually undoes all the good work at the other end, and players, who given our situation off the pitch... are doing OK and are still in the Cup. Think our season will finish early this season as we are not really gong anywhere.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Whitton

Re: Today

Post by whittonhoop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Nice to see you back Damien

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10775
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Today

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:58 pm

whittonhoop wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:41 pm
Nice to see you back Damien
Thanks... I think :wink:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6605
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Today

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Didn't see it as outclassed today - bad spell first half and we contributed to our own downfall.

First goal Manning seemed to be pushed in the back to allow the Brentford player to win the ball - Manning made a poor decision after that. Shouldn't have let a ball come across the box like it did from the free kick.

Second goal, Cameron made a hash of this and Lunley's positioning suspect.

Going forwards too many players showed for the ball - thought Amos was one of the few, Chair to a lesser extent.

Team selection could have been better - Cameron in centre mid and Eze more central - proved more effective second half.

Thought Rangers started reasonably well to be fair and second half they played better. If Eze's chance had gone in then it would have been interesting.

I see people comparing our young players with Brentford's - granted BOS commanded a fee but our others we picked up on frees or through our youth scheme - their front 3 each cost in excess of £1million in transfer fees if I recall correctly. Different scale and let's not compare across 1 or 2 games either.

Ref and linesman were far from accurate with their decisions and if it takes your players throwing themselves around, and spoiling fouls to reach the promised land then I'll give it a miss thanks.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Whitton

Re: Today

Post by whittonhoop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:31 pm

It’s pretty clear, they’ve been a well run club for a long time, in a similar way to how we were 30 / 35 years ago.

Take a chance on players, then sell them on, then keep building. They’ve sold well in excess of £100m of talent recently and still have potentially that on the pitch today.

Shifting a player on for £10m would be great for us.

User avatar
Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Re: Today

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 pm
Didn't see it as outclassed today - bad spell first half and we contributed to our own downfall.

First goal Manning seemed to be pushed in the back to allow the Brentford player to win the ball - Manning made a poor decision after that. Shouldn't have let a ball come across the box like it did from the free kick.

Second goal, Cameron made a hash of this and Lunley's positioning suspect.

Going forwards too many players showed for the ball - thought Amos was one of the few, Chair to a lesser extent.

Team selection could have been better - Cameron in centre mid and Eze more central - proved more effective second half.

Thought Rangers started reasonably well to be fair and second half they played better. If Eze's chance had gone in then it would have been interesting.

I see people comparing our young players with Brentford's - granted BOS commanded a fee but our others we picked up on frees or through our youth scheme - their front 3 each cost in excess of £1million in transfer fees if I recall correctly. Different scale and let's not compare across 1 or 2 games either.

Ref and linesman were far from accurate with their decisions and if it takes your players throwing themselves around, and spoiling fouls to reach the promised land then I'll give it a miss thanks.
Agreed. I thought we were playing well and looked confident until their first goal went in. Which was extraordinary to watch. We went from look decent, to a Sunday league level team within the space of 30 seconds and going 1-0 down!
As for Manning. I’m surprised nobody is talking about it more today. But his fcking constant diving! That first goal was on him. He was in a decent position to just clear that ball, instead of throwing himself to the floor, again, and then realising he didn’t blag a freekick dragged the Brentford striker down in a dangerous position.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1439
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 am

Re: Today

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:20 pm

I thought manning was obviously fouled when I saw it.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6566
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Today

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:08 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 pm
Didn't see it as outclassed today - bad spell first half and we contributed to our own downfall.

First goal Manning seemed to be pushed in the back to allow the Brentford player to win the ball - Manning made a poor decision after that. Shouldn't have let a ball come across the box like it did from the free kick.

Second goal, Cameron made a hash of this and Lunley's positioning suspect.

Going forwards too many players showed for the ball - thought Amos was one of the few, Chair to a lesser extent.

Team selection could have been better - Cameron in centre mid and Eze more central - proved more effective second half.

Thought Rangers started reasonably well to be fair and second half they played better. If Eze's chance had gone in then it would have been interesting.

I see people comparing our young players with Brentford's - granted BOS commanded a fee but our others we picked up on frees or through our youth scheme - their front 3 each cost in excess of £1million in transfer fees if I recall correctly. Different scale and let's not compare across 1 or 2 games either.

Ref and linesman were far from accurate with their decisions and if it takes your players throwing themselves around, and spoiling fouls to reach the promised land then I'll give it a miss thanks.
Agreed. I thought we were playing well and looked confident until their first goal went in. Which was extraordinary to watch. We went from look decent, to a Sunday league level team within the space of 30 seconds and going 1-0 down!
As for Manning. I’m surprised nobody is talking about it more today. But his FLIPPING constant diving! That first goal was on him. He was in a decent position to just clear that ball, instead of throwing himself to the floor, again, and then realising he didn’t blag a fondle dragged the Brentford striker down in a dangerous position.
Was that really a surprise it seems to happen more often than not

User avatar
Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:04 pm

Re: Today

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:20 pm
I thought manning was obviously fouled when I saw it.
In real time you’ve seen them given. But after seeing the replay their striker literally breaths on his back and he goes down like a sack of S**t.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Today

Post by jimjams » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:44 am

If you lived in Hawaii or somewhere, and went to bed and woke up to find we had lost 3-1, most QPR fans would be disappointed but not particularly disturbed. It was a bit alarming to watch us fold so quickly in the first half, but I think we should also consider that we probably had the balance of it in the second, so we aren't completely without resilience.
We do seem to pass it backwards more than necessary. I don't know what the banefit of having Lumley brog it upfield from 15 yards further back is over kicking it yourself. And I'm pretty sure it was not Cameron's first dodgy header at centre back. It was possibly telling that things improved once he moved into midfield, although I'm sure several things were said at half time. Perhaps he was playing defence to avoid exposing Masterson, but he looked OK. With Leistner and Barbet's injury issues, maybe he won't be going out on loan after all.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9313
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Today

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm

I've been watching this club for over 50 years. In that time there have been many defeats, and on occasions defeats where we looked clueless. I've scratched my head and wondered where we could make improvements, and where the next win was going to come from. In the short-term there were none to be made, and often an inevitable relegation followed.

Yesterday, we got a number of things wrong which contributed to our defeat by well organised and in-form Brentford team. There is no need to panic, and the problems we currently face are certainly fixable, without spending millions of pounds. We haven't flirted with relegation at any point this season, and it's a while since we have been able to say that.

What we as fans must not do is turn on our own players, that is never acceptable. Keep the faith, we are moving in the right direction, but we are not there yet.

UR's!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21431
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Today

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm
I've been watching this club for over 50 years. In that time there have been many defeats, and on occasions defeats where we looked clueless. I've scratched my head and wondered where we could make improvements, and where the next win was going to come from. In the short-term there were none to be made, and often an inevitable relegation followed.

Yesterday, we got a number of things wrong which contributed to our defeat by well organised and in-form Brentford team. There is no need to panic, and the problems we currently face are certainly fixable, without spending millions of pounds. We haven't flirted with relegation at any point this season, and it's a while since we have been able to say that.

What we as fans must not do is turn on our own players, that is never acceptable. Keep the faith, we are moving in the right direction, but we are not there yet.

UR's!
The only bit of sense in this thread.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3855
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Today

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:18 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm
What we as fans must not do is turn on our own players, that is never acceptable. Keep the faith, we are moving in the right direction, but we are not there yet.

UR's!
Not sure whether reasonable people on here have turned on the players. The social media slights against Scowen
are vile if true, I wasn't aware of it myself. Lumley I think should be taken out of the firing line for his own good,
if only for a few matches.

I think it's this glass ceiling of performance that has dogged the last 6 years perplexing a few people, FFP's a major factor with us, incompetent
managers are another. Can we learn from Brentford, they seem a reasonable benchmark for us to emulate.

Warburton's clearly doing a good job, but the defence is a concern and also some players are not really up to it,
nothing undermining about stating the obvious.
Staff Benda Bilili

Post Reply