Manning

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Manning

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Southampton are circling to make a bid in January.

They apparently believe they can get him at a cut price fee.

Manning is a player whose star is rising and I think he is good enough to play in the Premiership. However, Southampton have pulled our pants down in the past over transfers - not least Charlie Austin. It's not our fault they didn't get the best out of him.

Cut price? You are having a laugh.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Manning

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:17 pm

We need to offer him a new contract so that the cheap end of contract deal doesn't happen

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:44 pm

We have the option of another year, so he’s effectively contracted until 2021.

I think the club are looking to extend it anyway.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

SM wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:44 pm
We have the option of another year, so he’s effectively contracted until 2021.

I think the club are looking to extend it anyway.
Yep, Dave Mc said something to that effect in recent weeks.

I want Manning to stay but if he did go I wouldn't want him going to Soton. They've been really poor over the last few of seasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the Championship next year.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:24 pm

After watching Georgia v Ireland he should clearly be in that squad (and probably straight in at left back).

Let’s hope he goes to a decent team (for decent money) whenever he does actually go!
QPR & Ireland

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Stevens was suspended today, and the idea that Manning should automatically drop into the ROI team off the back of twenty or so games as a left back is pure fantasy. Until Bidwell got suspended towards the end of last season, I can't recall anybody even suggesting he'd be an option in his current position. He's been great so far this season, but let's keep it real.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Barry wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:24 pm
After watching Georgia v Ireland he should clearly be in that squad (and probably straight in at left back).

Let’s hope he goes to a decent team (for decent money) whenever he does actually go!
I agree that he should be close to being in the squad based on current performance: Ireland have plenty of Championship players.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:13 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:41 pm
Stevens was suspended today, and the idea that Manning should automatically drop into the ROI team off the back of twenty or so games as a left back is pure fantasy. Until Bidwell got suspended towards the end of last season, I can't recall anybody even suggesting he'd be an option in his current position. He's been great so far this season, but let's keep it real.
Words out of my mouth, let’s just slow down a bit folks he’s been great so far this season but it’s still early days just turned Oct, selfishly I hope he doesn’t get in the national side until next year, he’s only 23 & just established himself in our side by default.

I don’t want to see him injured or club form dip by his eyes lighting up with the national side, In time of course they’ll look at him but for me he’s got a bit more to do first & that’s fine by me.

Of course if he does leave in Jan then he’ll be on the big stage & the worlds his oyster let’s hope if he does move on it’s to the benefit of his career & not an unfulfilled promise like some others before him.

Time will tell i guess, interesting times ahead for Mr Manning.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 am

Manning's recent performances are beginning to be noticed elsewhere.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/10 ... ield-role/

Although judging by his comments, he's not getting over-excited and just wants to nail down his club position...

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 am

Newcastle United are monitoring Queens Park Rangers' Republic of Ireland midfielder Ryan Manning, 23.

So says the BBC Gossip page.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 am
Newcastle United are monitoring Queens Park Rangers' Republic of Ireland midfielder Ryan Manning, 23.

Manning is more than good enough. Hopefully we get him tied to a new contract ASAP.
QPR & Ireland

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Barry wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:17 am

Manning is more than good enough. Hopefully we get him tied to a new contract ASAP.
Wasn't he a Rednapp signing? Doesn't bode well for any sell on fee.....
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:30 pm

I’d want at least £5m for Manning. He’s 23 and still developing. I’d want a sell on clause too. They can offer good money or clear off.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:37 pm

West Ham being linked now too...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 pm

I hope we have some ambition to get promoted as well as just flogging anyone that ends up being good.

I’m realistic enough to know we need to sell, but the Brentford experience (as good as it is) must also be quite frustrating as a fan.

There’s a balance to be had and I hope the balance is tilted towards success on the pitch, whilst also being financially responsible.