10 years of Financial Fair Play

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

10 years of Financial Fair Play

Post by dm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:19 pm

10 years of Financial Fair Play: How football has changed over the past decade. A very good and, I think, balanced article deserves a read: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... st-decade/

Disclaimer: I don't normally read the Torygraph.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: 10 years of Financial Fair Play

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:57 pm

It is probably nine years ago, after reading the then current regulations, that I first posted regarding the fact that FFP was a tool to make the rich richer and the rest unable to compete with them. The footballing ruling bodies have no interest in changing that state of affairs and fans no longer have an impact on how well a club can do in the league. The erosion of the status of both cup competitions has coincided with this separation of elite clubs from the rest of the league and I believe the damage is now irreparable. The article is a chastening read and there was a sense of certain futility in thinking it may change for the better in the future.
At my age I am resigned to no longer ever being able to watch the swings and roundabouts of top flight league football season after a season; it is now a carefully orchestrated schedule played out over the length of a season and in recent talks it would appear that the Championship may be about to follow suit. R.I.P. football.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: 10 years of Financial Fair Play

Post by 222gers » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:39 pm

Blimey, I hadn't realised it was ten years of FFP !
Although we all piss and moan about it, in a way we've grudgingly accepted it. I have a Rangers-supporting mate who moved to Australia many years back. I've tried explaining FFP to him in our exchange of emails, but from thousands of miles away and looking at it objectively, he cannot grasp that such an awful scheme could obtain, and he still thinks that one day a rich owner will take over and we will go on to great heights.