One question and something to consider

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

One question and something to consider

Post by Devonranger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Just wondering from those with a better knowledge than me of our under 23s and youth set up, who do we think can make a breakthrough next?

I know Bansal-McNulty and Bettache have been mentioned and Alfa has gone out on loan. Masterson seems highly rated too?

Just also thinking we have Smyth to come back in too - seems like Warburton is a manager who can, and is happy to adjust systems to accommodate players.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: One question and something to consider

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:13 pm

I think you've picked out the likely suspects. Deshane Dalling is one who has impressed me in games and Jake Frailing who has stepped up from the U18's this season is another decent prospect. I had hopes for Charley Kendall but he seems to have got another bad injury already and hasn't played since the start of the season.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:20 pm

I've watched the Under 23s a number of times this season and Bansall-McNulty looks like the stand out talent to me. Assuming there is no pathway to the first team this season I'd definitely lend him out in January to give him some real match experience. Masterson looks to have a lot of potential too.
Bettache has played well in one of the games I've seen him but not so much in the other one: another who would benefit from a decent loan I think.
Frailing looks too lightweight to me at the moment but played well when I've seen him.
Lex Talionis........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Agree those mentioned already are good future prospects, particularly ABM. Three others worth keeping an eye on are keeper Marcin Brzozowski, left back Franklin Domi and centre back Joe Gubbins. Franklin and Joe are only just out of nappies so it will be a while yet before they've shown their true potential.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Until you get them in a proper game with meaning rather than that glorified training session they have down at Harlington the better.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm utterly shocked that Alfa went on loan to Billericay, really doesn't seem like the place you want to send young talent.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:20 pm
I've watched the Under 23s a number of times this season and Bansall-McNulty looks like the stand out talent to me. Assuming there is no pathway to the first team this season I'd definitely lend him out in January to give him some real match experience. Masterson looks to have a lot of potential too.
Bettache has played well in one of the games I've seen him but not so much in the other one: another who would benefit from a decent loan I think.
Frailing looks too lightweight to me at the moment but played well when I've seen him.
Jake has only just turned 17 so there is still a lot of time on his side. The step up to U23's will give him a chance to hone his skills and he still has a few years where he can bulk up without damaging his body too much.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.