Fanzone foodbank

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Fanzone foodbank

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Just seen on LFW that there will be a foodbank in operation in the Fanzone before every match. The Fanzone is situated at the north end of Hammersmith park accessed by South Africa Rd.
I'm glad the club is keeping up its good work in the community.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Fanzone foodbank

Post by deepseahoop » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Should we have a round of " Boris, Boris youre a reeky muddy-mettled haggard, Boris youre a reeky muddy-mettled haggard" on number 10 minutes just to make a point? I mean people shouldn't need food banks in the 5th sorry 6th richest country in the world... just saying.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Using the Gross National Income Per Capita method we are 18th in the world. Trouble is a hell of a lot of people have been left behind. It's a disgrace really.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 pm

deepseahoop wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:49 pm
Should we have a round of " Boris, Boris youre a reeky muddy-mettled haggard, Boris youre a reeky muddy-mettled haggard" on number 10 minutes just to make a point? I mean people shouldn't need food banks in the 5th sorry 6th richest country in the world... just saying.
Are you questioning Boris's democratic credentials? :wink:
Staff Benda Bilili

loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by loonee » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:21 am

deepseahoop wrote:

Without wishing to become known as a Boris supporter, I'm not quite sure how he can be blamed for that in his short time "in charge". Probably a few ahead of him in the list for blame on that!!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

loonee wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:21 am
deepseahoop wrote:

Without wishing to become known as a Boris supporter, I'm not quite sure how he can be blamed for that in his short time "in charge". Probably a few ahead of him in the list for blame on that!!
He has been on the Brexit trail since the days of the lies bus, he isn't new to this. #brexitishubris
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am

...forgive the bad quality of the pic but surely it was taken from a TV screen.... and I cannot but fully agree with that statement... aniclap aniclap aniclap

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:37 am

Rather than indulging in the politics, shouldn't we be encouraging fans to give generously? A well-run charity, where the benefits are clear, simple and direct, can often be better value than the schemes of politicians which have hidden costs.

PS If this is going to drift away from being a QPR topic, then there is another home for it in QPRdot.org.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:37 am
Rather than indulging in the politics, shouldn't we be encouraging fans to give generously? A well-run charity, where the benefits are clear, simple and direct, can often be better value than the schemes of politicians which have hidden costs.

PS If this is going to drift away from being a QPR topic, then there is another home for it in QPRdot.org.
No, individual generosity and charity should be the icing on the cake (look at seb from Argentina) - in a developed and supposedly civilized society no one should be reliant on charity and the whims of for their most basic needs. It's outrageous that the government should abrogate their responsibility forcing the public to show the decency they lack in not letting their fellow citizens suffer.

I'm all for fans giving generously and QPR being charitable, i'm obviously glad there is a foodbank set up, as it's clearly needed and hope we do give generously but it's an absolute disgrace there should be any need for this whatsoever.
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am
loonee wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:

He has been on the Brexit trail since the days of the lies bus, he isn't new to this. #brexitishubris
Yep, figurehead of the leave campaign, bank rolled by tax avoiders and disaster capitalists and a member of the government that inflicted austerity on this country. I can't think of many better people to blame since Cameron and Osborne slunk off.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 pm
kernowhoop wrote:

No, individual generosity and charity should be the icing on the cake (look at seb from Argentina) - in a developed and supposedly civilized society no one should be reliant on charity and the whims of for their most basic needs. It's outrageous that the government should abrogate their responsibility forcing the public to show the decency they lack in not letting their fellow citizens suffer.

I'm all for fans giving generously and QPR being charitable, i'm obviously glad there is a foodbank set up, as it's clearly needed and hope we do give generously but it's an absolute disgrace there should be any need for this whatsoever.
Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am
loonee wrote:

I respect your opinion, Satch. I reached mine because I fear the consequences of government trying to do too much. It cannot cover every eventuality and when charities fill in the inevitable gaps, to me, it is the outcome that matters. The UK is not alone in having foodbanks, incidentally - there are foodbanks in France and Germany, for example.

Yep, figurehead of the leave campaign, bank rolled by tax avoiders and disaster capitalists and a member of the government that inflicted austerity on this country. I can't think of many better people to blame since Cameron and Osborne slunk off.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 am

Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:22 am

kernowhoop wrote:

Yes this now needs moving to the other forum as a few have chosen to make it political.
Lex Talionis........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 pm

I took some items to the foodbank at about half past two. They didn't seem to have a lot of people donating, hopefully it was just a slack period. This is a fine initiative by the club.