Team & prediction for Sat.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Team & prediction for Sat.

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:25 am

For me although Chair & Wells are firmly knocking on MW door I’d stick with the same XI as the first two league games.

I think we can knick a 1-1 but wouldn’t be surprised if we were to get edged out by a single goal, I truly hope not though.

Can’t believe the start & vibe around the club at present, proves what I know over the summer, I feel a bit of a plonker now slating the transfers one by one.

U rrrr’s

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Team & prediction for Sat.

Post by Systemsguy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:25 am
For me although Chair & Wells are firmly knocking on MW door I’d stick with the same XI as the first two league games.

I think we can knick a 1-1 but wouldn’t be surprised if we were to get edged out by a single goal, I truly hope not though.

Can’t believe the start & vibe around the club at present, proves what I know over the summer, I feel a bit of a plonker now slating the transfers one by one.

U rrrr’s
Season's still too young to know if this is a bright new dawn....

A week's a long time in football they say but it's great to know lala that every QPR fan who had their justifiable doubts are now singing from the same hymn sheet....

I don't know about anyone else but I want to leave the KPFS with a smile on my face at full-time after watching some good football from both teams.....

I haven't been let down so far
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:23 am

I think most QPR fans were bemused by the summer transfer strategy. Then, all of a sudden, it just seemed to fall into place. Now we have a stronger squad, banked around £8m, lowered the wage bill and have young players coming in and making a genuine impact.

Who'd have thunk it?

A Desmond this Saturday.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 am

Far too early to get carried away yet so I will consider a draw (or win) to be a real bonus and will not be overly disappointed or pointing any fingers if we lose. My prediction : 2-1 (Osayi-Samuel)
Come on you Sooopa ........

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 pm

I would keep the same team.

No idea what the score will be but I am certainly looking forward to the game and with a certain degree of optimism. As Pauline says no biggie if we lose, just a part of the learning curve for our new exciting squad.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm

...I don't go very often to away matches...one or two every season....and this is the first for the current one.....
in all these years I still have to witness a win away...all draws and defeats up to now.....so....hope there is a first time.... :wink: :wink:

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm
...I don't go very often to away matches...one or two every season....and this is the first for the current one.....
in all these years I still have to witness a win away...all draws and defeats up to now.....so....hope there is a first time.... :wink: :wink:
So, what you are saying Georgio is .... if we don't win - it's your fault!

:wink:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:19 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Giorgio wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm
So, what you are saying Georgio is .... if we don't win - it's your fault!

:wink:
...as i said I go to a couple of away matches every season....and if you check our average % of away wins you should agree
that it has not been easy to watch such rare event in the latest seasons.... :roll: :roll:

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:36 pm

0-6
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 pm

It's nice that there appear to be a good number of options available to Mark Warburton, not only on personnel but, also one or two options on formation and system.

Being football, I know that it can all go horribly wrong in a matter of days but, it has been both a promising and refreshing start from the team and management.

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 am

would take a draw all day long

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:43 am

Scowen apologised on Twitter for Huddersfield. It wasn’t warranted but it showed honesty and self-awareness on his part. He didn’t give a goal away or have a ‘mare - he just didn’t pull up any trees and I’ve done that at a lower level countless times. And it’s not his favoured position which Warburton put him at for BC. But it does show he’s aware that folks are champing at the bit to get in. I’d start Chair but as it’s away he may go with Scowen again and see where we are 60 mins in. Great to have options.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 am

I've noticed Brizzle play a 343 formation which I think Warburton sought to counter with the 352 formation he put out on Tuesday. If he chooses to go with that again this Saturday it will determine to some extent which players start, and I think BOS would miss out given the width comes from the wing backs in that system.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 am
I've noticed Brizzle play a 343 formation which I think Warburton sought to counter with the 352 formation he put out on Tuesday. If he chooses to go with that again this Saturday it will determine to some extent which players start, and I think BOS would miss out given the width comes from the wing backs in that system.
I think he MW already has a set up that allows the fullbanks to push on and a midfielder drop into the back 3, so i could see him keeping as is, especially BOS has been playing so well and he could easily play off Hugill if needed, not as naturally as Wells but i think he should keep his place. Use Wells off the bench. I think Kane for Rangel and Chair for Scowen would be my changes and probably MW's. I think it will end 1-1.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see pretty much the league line up with maybe Ball coming in as one of the sitting midfielders.