Changing places 2.....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Changing places 2.....

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 am

So second match in and I'm in the lower loft this game as my new seat in the paddock has already been taken for the cup match...

It also feels a revelation compared to my old seat in R Block....

Decent toilets and legroom... The sparse crowd may have helped this though....

Saw the key points of the match that see-sawed one way then the other.....

First goal for BC was fine margins..... felt the 9 overan the ball going beyond LK and was going wide....

Second goal was hit so clean LK had no chance.... Should he have been closed down?

Third goal was a screamer and deserved to win the tie.... Could LK have done better... I really don't know

and finally the penalty decisions..... My opinion?

One was and one wasn't.... Manning got the goal that mattered from the one given...

Penalties... Real drama....

Nahki scoring and the two youngsters scoring when it went to sudden death were a joy....

So far I'm really enjoying this new look perspective watching matches at QPR....

Long may it continue.....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Changing places 2.....

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 am

That was a cracking game between two good sides, five quality goals from both sides, a very good atmosphere from a sub 6k crowd, of which City played their part too. With Eze, Hall, Cameron & Lumley back for Saturday I am hoping the defence will cope better with Diédhiou & Elliason who I thought were very good for them along with Massengo and Hunt. Luke Amos looked a better last night when he came on and Wells was the player I was hoping he would be, this steam will really suit his style. Chair & Manning were the pick for us alongside Wells but there wasn't a lot in it which makes a mouthwatering prospect for the season ahead and justifies MW's policy of getting people in to suit the role he wants for them with competition for every spot. I can't see Bristol City holding on to Diédhiou for very long as he was the best player last night and I was impressed with him last season too, a real handful for defenders and very athletic to go with it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49 am

I was also in the Lower Loft last night instead of my normal place on the border of R and S in Ellerslie. MUCH better facilities and reasonable (by QPR standards!) legroom. Prefer the view from the side though as a fair amount of guesswork involved over any action towards the School End goal although obviously very close to the other goal. Pity penalties were taken at the 'wrong' end.
Lex Talionis........

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 am
Third goal was a screamer and deserved to win the tie.... Could LK have done better... I really don't know
Just watched the highlights.... Doubt Gordon Banks could have saved it!

Absolute screamer....

Thought their goalie had a decent game as well...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....