Les Ferdinand interview

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Les Ferdinand interview

Post by dm » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Les Ferdinand interview

Post by Satch » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Good read, i doubt it will change his detractor's minds but i think it's an honest piece and i like what he's been part of here. I suspect the timing is deliberate with the sale of Freeman and Smith etc but still seems a genuine piece. (Hypocritically, I'm still glad he didn't bring in Sherwood.)

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Think he is much maligned - maybe needs a stronger voice with the owners but can think of alot worse incumbents for the role.

Has the best interests of the club at heart and gets the job of balancing the books with Hoos.

Have a positive feel for Mark Warburton but there again, I was saying give Mark Hughes more time ....

PeterS
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by PeterS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Sums up my thoughts as well. But it is appropriate for the club to explain the situation particularly about Smith. I could have stomached Sherwood. £68m😱😱😱😱

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 pm

I think he has done well the last two seasons but my eyebrows have been well and truly raised by this summer's transfer activity and I am very worried that our previous good work in the market might be wiped out by this summer's activity I would have liked to have heard from him about the work that went into the Warburton signings.
Come on you Sooopa ........

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:59 am

It hurts to say this because I like Les a lot, but, when I read that, I could not help but conclude that he is close to the departure lounge. We have a manager (who may well turn out to be very good for us) who appears to have taken the lead on the signings and a Director of Football who appears to have overseen the departures. The scouting set-up rarely gets a mention. I hope very much that it all works out, but, as far as Les is concerned, I am worried.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm

I do concur with a lot Les says. Damned by some if his does and damned if he doesn't. I think he is doing an ok job. Lee Hoos never gets any stick from the fans but LF and TF certainly do.

I do think the club is being run correctly now and LF is a big part of that. But sadly it means its unlikely we'll be a top 6 club for a long time. But with the right coaching this group of youngsters could be the next big thing for QPR and take us back to where I believe we belong.

I for one am behind Sir Les and will always back the club to be as successful as it can

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 pm

I was one of the most vocal critics of Les when he came on board and have been ever since ....

but whatever the reasons for his appointment, he has overseen the most traumatic couple of seasons where a fool and his money (and a lot of ours) has been parted....

He's done a fine job considering the board room meddling

Just let's not praise the fool as well for the
slow turning round of the tanker called QPR.....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....