Linford Christie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Linford Christie

Post by sparkypark » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 pm

Interesting. https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-lon ... s-16524024

If the council means it then this must be good news. Either the club comes up with the money - and who can blame the council for wondering where it could come from - or there is the possibility of a West Ham style leasing arrangement. That has boosted West Ham’s money in the bank. But we would want a proper football stadium, and a watertight long-term deal. Let’s face it, the council could not find another long-term tenant for a stadium in W12.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Linford Christie

Post by 222gers » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:40 pm

The council seem to be more positive now, but it looks like the dream of us actually owning the stadium will not come to fruition. A nice long lease, written in stone, is about as good as it gets it would appear.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Very interesting indeed. I wonder if the fact they were flooded with submissions from QPR fans has made them change their tune?
Sounds very positive either way.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 pm

There's a lot of negotiating to be done before any kind of agreement is reached. And not only between the council and club, but also between club and supporters. Many of us are going to be understandably nervous at the prospect of losing a stadium we own and moving to a stadium we don't.

I am sure there will be numerous ways this could be done and, if this does go ahead, I would want to see better security for club and fanbase than just kicking things down the road with a 99 year lease.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Very interesting article.

I think this will play out over a pre-longed period, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:42 pm

£40M ..... The club is struggling to raise £20M for Warren Farm as pointed out by that council wallah....

The owners (whoever they are) need something to hold out to the fan base to be able to cash in on our only saleable asset....

Spade of earth turned on either aforesaid lands and I'll be mildly interested...
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:47 am

As far as I know, stadia etc are exempt from FFP.
So either our benefactors are skint or they are looking something for nothing.

Crabsandwich
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:49 am

If our owners get the green light for the stadium they'll find the money very quickly... owing an asset that can generate a decent income stream is very attractive. Shelling out for a training ground that generates sod all but is nice for the club is far less attractive, so getting that done with minimal capital outlay is the way to go.