Luke Freeman

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Luke Freeman

Post by QPR1976 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:05 am
Just paper talk I guess but just read that Sheffield United have "SMASHED" their transfer record paying £6M for Callum Robinson
Media hype. ‘smashed’ = beaten. Was £5m, now £6m.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:55 pm
...but how this damn FFP is damaging us so much, whereas other clubs supposed to be in similar troubles seem to go pretty fine...?
Because other clubs didn’t have to write off Quarter of a Billion £’s of Debt (before FFP fine) on gates of less than 18k whilst the club pocketed bucket loads of Prem cash and gambled it, then let it ride then chased their loses......

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:37 pm

QPR1976 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:55 pm
Giorgio wrote:
...but how this damn FFP is damaging us so much, whereas other clubs supposed to be in similar troubles seem to go pretty fine...?
Because other clubs didn’t have to write off Quarter of a Billion £’s of Debt (before FFP fine) on gates of less than 18k whilst the club pocketed bucket loads of Prem cash and gambled it, then let it ride then chased their loses......

Is that not the point, the debt was written off. FFP was supposedly introduced to stop owners inflicting debt onto clubs and jeopardising their existence. Our owners wrote off the debt. FFP did its job in our case in protecting the club so why the fine. FFP was introduced in reality to make sure clubs like ours know their place.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:19 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:37 pm
QPR1976 wrote:
Giorgio wrote:

Is that not the point, the debt was written off. FFP was supposedly introduced to stop owners inflicting debt onto clubs and jeopardising their existence. Our owners wrote off the debt. FFP did its job in our case in protecting the club so why the fine. FFP was introduced in reality to make sure clubs like ours know their place.
BANG!

Nail struck firmly on the head!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 pm

12 mins as a sub against Bournemouth :shock:

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:06 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Well he's already had a better Premier League career than Alex Smithies then!
Lex Talionis........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:43 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:06 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Well he's already had a better Premier League career than Alex Smithies then!
Though Alex did make his league debut for Cardiff on Saturday ... two weeks short of being 14 months after they signed him.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:19 pm
QPR_John wrote:
QPR1976 wrote:

BANG!

I cant believe they've done it on purpose to keep small clubs small
I think the people who run the sport are just plonkers, they've made an ill judged plan and stuck to it through thick and thin. A bit of democracy in the game wouldn't go amiss. It's the same with cricket, must be a sport thing...

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:31 am

C F Extremadura wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am
ZENITH R wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

BANG!

I think the people who run the sport are just plonkers, they've made an ill judged plan and stuck to it through thick and thin. A bit of democracy in the game wouldn't go amiss. It's the same with cricket, must be a sport thing...
They have been desperate to have a divide between big clubs and the others since before the invention of the Premier league!
QPR & Ireland

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

C F Extremadura wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am
ZENITH R wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

BANG!

I don't think they wanted it but they are frightened of the big clubs. My guess is FFP was introduced to pacify the top clubs in Europe, we know who they are, to stop them breaking away from FIFA. Nobody who wanted to protect clubs getting into debt would have introduced FFP as it is now. Why not simply rule that any money put in by owners is an investment not a loan. Why have a market value check on sponsorship. They want to keep the status quo it cannot be denied.