New Laws For 2019-20

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

New Laws For 2019-20

Post by bigbobb » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 pm

I see some old anomalies being corrected but also more confusion around handball and will players really walk off at the closest point when being substituted and what happens if they don't? :?:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ne ... or-201920/
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: New Laws For 2019-20

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 pm
I see some old anomalies being corrected but also more confusion around handball and will players really walk off at the closest point when being substituted and what happens if they don't? :?:

"If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball"

Does this mean if the keeper in trying to kick the ball and misses he can then pick the ball up. What would happen if he deliberately misses the ball. It seems strange that one rule is changed so a keeper is not rewarded for a mistake (goal kick not clearing the area) and one is introduce that rewards him for a mistake.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:12 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm
bigbobb wrote:

"If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball"

Does this mean if the keeper in trying to kick the ball and misses he can then pick the ball up. What would happen if he deliberately misses the ball. It seems strange that one rule is changed so a keeper is not rewarded for a mistake (goal kick not clearing the area) and one is introduce that rewards him for a mistake.
It's all explained here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUdvNkDA8_U
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:19 pm

They are all relatively meaningless changes that will have little impact on the game and in some cases, will result in more scope for 'dead' time.

I know it might sound cynical but I am afraid a slightly bigger overhaul is needed because, at the important level, where people are spending significant time and money to watch the game sadly there is a decline in entertainment.

But for the glory hunters who have a chance of winning anything I'm afraid the average punter is being absolutely screwed entertainment wise and personally speaking, if it wasn't for our lot playing under the name of QPR and wearing the hoops I personally wouldn't go out of my way to attend a professional game anymore, unless its for 'tourism' value.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:19 pm
They are all relatively meaningless changes that will have little impact on the game and in some cases, will result in more scope for 'dead' time.

I know it might sound cynical but I am afraid a slightly bigger overhaul is needed because, at the important level, where people are spending significant time and money to watch the game sadly there is a decline in entertainment.

But for the glory hunters who have a chance of winning anything I'm afraid the average punter is being absolutely screwed entertainment wise and personally speaking, if it wasn't for our lot playing under the name of QPR and wearing the hoops I personally wouldn't go out of my way to attend a professional game anymore, unless its for 'tourism' value.
I agree....these changes are purely cosmetic. Players will find ever more underhanded ways to circumvent the rules and cheat their way to victory. Refs, as ever, we be just as weak and unable or unwilling to get to grips with things. Like you, I now have no interest in football other than going to watch the Rangers and even that is becoming harder to justify

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm

I'd scrap the offside rule from the penalty area forwards - at least. I can possibly understand it higher up the pitch but in the penalty area it would stop teams from parking the bus on the edge of the area and sitting on one nil leads - like Liverpool in the Champions League Final.
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:25 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:12 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm
bigbobb wrote:

It's all explained here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUdvNkDA8_U
Now I understand

Dollis Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Dollis Hoop » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 pm

With the incremental cheating that is now endemic in the game, the new law about players being substituted exiting from the pitch at the closest touchline will be easily circumvented: players who know they are about to be subbed will simply take up position near to the centre spot, from where they will embark on their usual leisurely journey to the bench (using that weird gait unique to substituted footballers in which running is actually slower than walking).

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm

Dollis Hoop wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 pm
With the incremental cheating that is now endemic in the game, the new law about players being substituted exiting from the pitch at the closest touchline will be easily circumvented: players who know they are about to be subbed will simply take up position near to the centre spot, from where they will embark on their usual leisurely journey to the bench (using that weird gait unique to substituted footballers in which running is actually slower than walking).
They should give them 7 seconds to leave the pitch from the board going up, unless they are carrying an clear-cut injury.
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Yes.... and if they weren't off within 7 seconds, the player coming on gets a yellow card. That would soon stop them from time wasting.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:52 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm
Dollis Hoop wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:08 pm
They should give them 7 seconds to leave the pitch from the board going up, unless they are carrying an clear-cut injury.
The trouble is that they are not doctors and would leave themselves open if they misinterpreted a situation. Just stop the clock for the injury and restart once the player is replaced and the incoming player is in position. The game would be drawn out for a few weeks to begin with but once a team sees that there is no advantage to them, it would speed up.
Last edited by Esox Lucius on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Man City had a good solution to opposition time wasting last season..

..They made sure they were winning Football matches.