Ryan Manning.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5052
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Ryan Manning.

Post by 222gers » Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Cardinal Manning has been named in the whoscored.com Championship team for April - well deserved. I have no idea who whoscored.com are but congratulations to Ryan anyway.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by n22hoop » Fri May 03, 2019 6:40 pm

My gut feeling is that he should be taking our penalties.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Somewhere in Hertfordshire

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by Barry » Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 am

I hope we still have him next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was pinched on the cheap
QPR & Ireland

User avatar
White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3040
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by White Duck » Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am

Barry wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 am
I hope we still have him next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was pinched on the cheap
We are just about to lose a large number of out of contract players plus the loan players and probably plus a couple of our most valuable players so its hardly likely we will give away one of our better young players who is under contract on the cheap.
Lex Talionis........

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13330
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by dm » Sat May 04, 2019 2:20 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:15 am
Barry wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:32 am
I hope we still have him next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was pinched on the cheap
We are just about to lose a large number of out of contract players plus the loan players and probably plus a couple of our most valuable players so its hardly likely we will give away one of our better young players who is under contract on the cheap.
Absolutely. What will be interesting is whether Manning will be prepared to commit to playing at LB. If so, I can see Bidwell let go as he's at the end his contract and one of the higher earners.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10652
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by Damien » Sun May 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Could he be Clive Wilson lite? :)

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21147
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun May 05, 2019 6:22 pm

The next Taiwo? :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 7590
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of South Ruislip

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by deepseahoop » Sun May 05, 2019 6:36 pm

Is he a left back, im not sure hes best placed there, i think hes better going forward.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13330
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by dm » Sun May 05, 2019 8:34 pm

deepseahoop wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:36 pm
Is he a left back, im not sure hes best placed there, i think hes better going forward.
Since he's arrived at QPR Manning hasn't nailed down a position in the squad yet let alone a place in the team. Before he came to us he was an attacker and has played striker for Ireland U21s. At QPR we appeared to want to play him as a defensive midfielder or sometimes wide left. Now we're using him at left back, a position I think he could finally make his own if he's willing to commit to it.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by jimjams » Mon May 06, 2019 1:44 am

222gers wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm
Cardinal Manning has been named in the whoscored.com Championship team for April - well deserved. I have no idea who whoscored.com are but congratulations to Ryan anyway.
It's a football stats site. Pretty good for free. Bit odd though, they gave Manning ratings of 5.6, 7.4, 6.6, 7.0 and 8.3, so nothing to set the world alight.
They gave Smith man of the match yesterday, although I think the scores are auto generated based on stats.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9155
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by ZENITH R » Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am

First choice for penalty taker ... extra (penalty) training for Manning plus two others as back up.

Also ... ask Matt Le Tissier or Alan Shearer to come in for a few sessions after their presenting work. It's as much about the mentality as it is the actual skill of striking the ball.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4650
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: Ryan Manning.

Post by wrinklyhoop » Tue May 07, 2019 11:44 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:22 pm
The next Taiwo? :D
Thereby hangs a tail 😳
Image

Post Reply