Darnell Furlong

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Darnell Furlong

Post by old pauline » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm

He played brilliantly yesterday and has applied himself brilliantly over the last two years to become a quality Championship defender. I don't get the criticism of him on here when he doesn't have such a good game. A very very good professional.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Darnell Furlong

Post by dm » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Agreed. And at 23 he'll continue to improve. It will be interesting to see where he plays next season. He favours playing at RB but plenty of people seem to feel he's better at CB.

It was a lovely goal he scored yesterday. His dad would have been pleased to have scored that one.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:30 pm

I like him too. He had a wobbly patch awhile back, but then so did most of 'em. I think him and Toni would make a decent CB pairing. All of a sudden the defence looks more promising with Rangel if he signs for another season at RB and Cardinal Manning at LB.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:31 pm

I really like Furlong and I think he’s going to develop into a real leader. He’s very good in the air for his height but I think he looks more natural as a fullback and has a higher ‘ceiling’ there.

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 am

I thought the Middlesbrough game, where they targeted him in the air and he withstood it (and more) was a great performance. Maybe he was slightly at fault for a goal (harsh) but he had centre half quality that day.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:00 am

whittonhoop wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 am
I thought the Middlesbrough game, where they targeted him in the air and he withstood it (and more) was a great performance. Maybe he was slightly at fault for a goal (harsh) but he had centre half quality that day.
That was his best game this season IMO and Saturday was close. Unfortunately, he has made balls ups in between which have been justly criticised. Just needs to concentrate a bit more. On his day, he can compete with anyone.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare