Just Back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Just Back

Post by White Duck » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:17 pm

What a brilliant all round performance from the management and ALL the team today.

The line up had a lot of people moaning about Cousins and Hemed starting but both of them played really well: Hemed in particular was fired up from the start: chasing players down, tackling, winning headers, and scored two good goals. The midfield three of Luongo behind Cousins and Scowen dominated Swansea showing loads of energy and snapping into tackles. Scowen looks a much better player when played further forward: good move by Eustace to recognise he could play this role.

Manning played well at left back against Millwall but people were saying he would find it a lot harder against Swansea's wide players such as James, Dyer and Routledge but once again he was solid winning plenty of tackles, putting in some good blocks and getting forward a few times as well. All the defence looked well organised: Leistner leading by example and Furlong scoring a great header. Lumley had very little to do all game.

Swansea were pathetic, especially in defence. They must have been a bit shell shocked by the start we made but they showed no appetite to get stuck in and clearly thought their best chance was to try to get one of our players sent off and take advantage of another woeful referee who was waving yellow cards at our players every 5 minutes it seemed.

Great atmosphere at Loftus Road today as we enjoyed a rare comfortable win: well done to Eustace in particular who stepped out of SMc's shadow today and showed we DO have a decent side if the tactics and attitude are right from the first minute of the game.
Lex Talionis........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Just Back

Post by Devonranger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Great to hear - think our recruitment has not been too bad player wise and just need perhaps a manager that can recognise the good in the players we have.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 pm

First Saturday in a long time I actually felt really happy after the match.....

Decent performance by all but I honestly felt the ref for all his cards had a decent match....

Played advantage a lot at the right time and wasn't conned into producing a red by the Swansea players.... We've had a lot far worse...

Swansea were bang out of order not kicking the ball out when the injury happened near half time and Rangel's reaction with a weaker ref could have been a red....

He did make mistakes, not sending the Swansea player to the sideline after treatment while they were in a dangerous attacking position on the stroke of halftime for instance.... If they had scored it could have changed the game's outcome in the second half...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:49 pm
First Saturday in a long time I actually felt really happy after the match.....

Decent performance by all but I honestly felt the ref for all his cards had a decent match....

Played advantage a lot at the right time and wasn't conned into producing a red by the Swansea players.... We've had a lot far worse...

Swansea were bang out of order not kicking the ball out when the injury happened near half time and Rangel's reaction with a weaker ref could have been a red....

He did make mistakes, not sending the Swansea player to the sideline after treatment while they were in a dangerous attacking position on the stroke of halftime for instance.... If they had scored it could have changed the game's outcome in the second half...
I think the rules have changed re injured player leaving the field. I believe it is no longer compulsory in all cases, for example if the injury was the result of a yellow card offence. Anyone know the full story ?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Best performance of the season and probably of the last few seasons...great pressing, running...causing Swans to do plenty of mistakes that we capitalized....it could have been 6 or 7....well done everybody...on the pitch, on the bench and on the stands...

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:51 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm

I think the rules have changed re injured player leaving the field. I believe it is no longer compulsory in all cases, for example if the injury was the result of a yellow card offence. Anyone know the full story ?
I checked the FA site....

Without putting the whole lot up verbatim... This maybe relevant....

Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:

a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly....

If a yellow was given for the foul your absolutely right and so was he letting the player stay on the pitch...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I'd have to contradict a couple of the previous posts, it wasn't the best performance of the season
and not all players were firing, Cousins in particular was poor and a couple of the others like Luongo and
Freeman were average at best, but we got a good start against a poor side which set us up nicely.

I'd say we're safe in this division now. Must apply a thought process to the next gaffer.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm
I'd have to contradict a couple of the previous posts, it wasn't the best performance of the season
and not all players were firing, Cousins in particular was poor and a couple of the others like Luongo and
Freeman were average at best, but we got a good start against a poor side which set us up nicely.

I'd say we're safe in this division now. Must apply a thought process to the next gaffer.
You are the only person who thought Cousins was poor, he was nearer a candidate for MOTM today, his high pressing was a major factor in Swansea's defensive frailties. Luongo was playing furthest back today and broke up a lot of the forward balls intended for McBurney & Routledge. Freeman was the only who was having an off day, epitomised by the missed opportunity when he was trying to work the ball onto his left foot when a right footed snap shot may have brought another goal. BOS and Cousins were, IMO, our best players today with Scowen running them close.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Really??

I'm normally one of Cousin's biggest critics but he was far from poor today: he played very well from the off before tiring a bit towards the end. Luongo also had a very good game, including a well taken goal. Scowen MOTM for me: he was everywhere.

You know the whole team have played well when Freeman probably had the most average performance out of all the outfield players.

And what performance was better than that this season then??
Lex Talionis........

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 pm
Really??

I'm normally one of Cousin's biggest critics but he was far from poor today: he played very well from the off before tiring a bit towards the end. Luongo also had a very good game, including a well taken goal. Scowen MOTM for me: he was everywhere.

You know the whole team have played well when Freeman probably had the most average performance out of all the outfield players.

And what performance was better than that this season then??
...I quote even the dots and the commas. I have been criticizing Cousins too (cos I was expecting so much more from him), but today he was good.
I cannot find a single player that did not perform good today. Someone is saying that Swansea was poor, but I think we made them poor,
by pressing and pushing and not letting them think....and yes Scowen my MOTM today...

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 pm

What we saw from Hemed today is exactly what we've been crying out for, hard work, link up play and hitting the box. Tbh Freeman has been a bit off the boil recently, i wonder if he knows he's unlikely to be in a QPR shirt next year.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 pm
What we saw from Hemed today is exactly what we've been crying out for, hard work, link up play and hitting the box. Tbh Freeman has been a bit off the boil recently, i wonder if he knows he's unlikely to be in a QPR shirt next year.
If he stays off the boil then he might well be in a QPR shirt next season! Well done to everyone today, though. Excellent team performance and based on the last 2 matches - which isn't much I know, I would have Eustace over Shitewood. Thought the ref had quite a good game barring a couple of decisions - the main one being the failure to blow for a foul on BOS when he was injured. That nearly caused a mass brawl but he managed to get hold of things and calm it down without anyone being sent orf. Really good day at LR.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am

Montag wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:13 pm
Thought the ref had quite a good game barring a couple of decisions - the main one being the failure to blow for a foul on BOS when he was injured. That nearly caused a mass brawl but he managed to get hold of things and calm it down without anyone being sent orf. Really good day at LR.
Have to disagree on this. He was awful the way he gave the yellows. He was not consistent and kept a double standard.
|I consider a ref good when he uses the same meter of judgement. Not the case today.

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am
Montag wrote:
Thought the ref had quite a good game barring a couple of decisions - the main one being the failure to blow for a foul on BOS when he was injured. That nearly caused a mass brawl but he managed to get hold of things and calm it down without anyone being sent orf. Really good day at LR.
Have to disagree on this. He was awful the way he gave the yellows. He was not consistent and kept a double standard.
|I consider a ref good when he uses the same meter of judgement. Not the case today.
I thought he did ok for the first 30 minutes and the second half. The last 15 mins of the first half he had lost the plot completely.

Half time came at a good time for him.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 am

LanCat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am
Giorgio wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 am
Montag wrote:
I thought he did ok for the first 30 minutes and the second half. The last 15 mins of the first half he had lost the plot completely.

Half time came at a good time for him.
Yeah he lost control in the first half and seemed to book players for any foul at all. We expected a red card in the 2nd half but I think the 4th goal helped kill the game off and the referee didn't have many decisions to make after that.
Lex Talionis........