Colin says....

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Colin says....

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Brexit means BREXIT....

Reported on Sky Sports in his Premier League preview as it would be better in every aspect including football!

David Schneider did note on Twitter that its odd when he has SEVEN foreign players in his side and a Malyasian owner....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Colin says....

Post by old pauline » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Fine for him with his two or three houses and media work if he gets sacked. Some of us need EU business to make a living.
Come on you Sooopa ........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm
Brexit means BREXIT....

Reported on Sky Sports in his Premier League preview as it would be better in every aspect including football!

David Schneider did note on Twitter that its odd when he has SEVEN foreign players in his side and a Malyasian owner....
Did not know Malaysia is in the EU

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Brexit means BREXIT....

I'm pretty sure it's part of the "rest of the world" that good old Neil says can go to hell though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:
Brexit means BREXIT....

I'm pretty sure it's part of the "rest of the world" that good old Neil says can go to hell though.
Then it was not only Brexit he was talking about. Just assumed it was by the OP. Surprised you are only pretty sure about Malaysia I am certain the country exists

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Good old Neil! He speaks his mind. And he is right. 100%.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Montag wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:48 pm
He's right to say the rest of the world can go to hell ? Do you really think that kind of isolationist stance will be beneficial for the UK ?

I'm sure you think he knows how to "set up a team", but I doubt that will be beneficial for 66M people.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Then it was not only Brexit he was talking about. Just assumed it was by the OP. Surprised you are only pretty sure about Malaysia I am certain the country exists
It used to, but FFP rules mean it has been reclassified, specifically to f**k QPR over.

I blame the deep state.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:59 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

It used to, but FFP rules mean it has been reclassified, specifically to f**k QPR over.

I blame the deep state.
So no doubt then, they are all out to get us

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:50 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm
Montag wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:48 pm
He's right to say the rest of the world can go to hell ? Do you really think that kind of isolationist stance will be beneficial for the UK ?

I'm sure you think he knows how to "set up a team", but I doubt that will be beneficial for 66M people.
He is entitled to his opinion. Just like Bob Geldorf et al. The EU is corrupt and unaccountable. The benefits the UK has enjoyed by being members has long since been dwarfed by the disadvantages. As for domestic football? Has the EU and globalisation really been good for English football? When a side like MC with limitless spending power can go out and cane a 3rd tier side (With spending limits imposed) 9-0 in a cup SF? Is this good? Why are there no rules imposed by Uefa on sporting grounds? Or why doesn't the EU impose rules to limit unfair competition? I think that is where NW is coming from. If he had a genuine level playing field in the EPL he might give some of these foreign coaches a run for their money. He might've done it with us. He certainly would've had a better chance then under the current diabolical system.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 am

You're blaming the EU for the state of English football ?

I'm not sure what Man City spanking Burton tells us about the domestic game in isolation. Burton beat 4 teams from higher divisions to get to a semi-final, so you could admire their achievement and realise that a two legged game against the PL Champions was always likely to be a bridge too far.
A lot of fans, myself included, complain that the bigger clubs don't respect the Cup competitions and play weakened sides. City play a strong team, demolish the opposition, and people complain about that too.

English football has never been more popular, or richer than it is currently, and while I feel increasingly detached from PL football in particular and the financial insanity of it, that's probably my age as much as anything. There's always a tendency to romanticise the past, but the world doesn't stand still, and there's a whole generation globally that have grown up watching the game on TV. They have a different relationship to it than you or I did growing up, but I doubt they love it any less.

As for good old Neil,I think he's been bitter ever since his eyebrows were compulsorily purchased under EU agricultural policy.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am

Level playing field in football.... When the likes of Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, Derby County, Aston Villa and even lil ole QPR could challenge for the first division title and players went to teams to win trophies rather than just for a larger pay packet....

I remember watching a documentary in the 70s about the LONDON supporters branch of ManUre ....

It really was that unusual not to support your local team then....

Before our first foray in the Premier League since 1996 a "QPR fan" once asked me whose your "big team" !!!!!! aniwall

Yeah life and football progresses but not always for the right reasons....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:

As for good old Neil,I think he's been bitter ever since his eyebrows were compulsorily purchased under EU agricultural policy.

naughty :lol:

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Bitter? The guy sounded 2 centimes short of an Euro.
Staff Benda Bilili

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am
Level playing field in football.... When the likes of Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, Derby County, Aston Villa and even lil ole QPR could challenge for the first division title and players went to teams to win trophies rather than just for a larger pay packet....

I remember watching a documentary in the 70s about the LONDON supporters branch of ManUre ....

It really was that unusual not to support your local team then....

Before our first foray in the Premier League since 1996 a "QPR fan" once asked me whose your "big team" !!!!!! aniwall

Yeah life and football progresses but not always for the right reasons....
Think a lot people do if they are totally honest and admit to it. I certainly do. There again I also have a "small" team as well.
But...QPR will always be number one, obviously.