Fortress Loftus Road

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Fortress Loftus Road

Post by 222gers » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 am

It's getting to feel that way again isn't it ? Winning matches in front of a largeish, noisy, jubilant crowd. I was beginning to feel it had gone forever after the baneful experiences at home over the last few seasons.

Long may it continue....we're even at home on Boxing Day for the first time in a few years.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Fortress Loftus Road

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:02 am

Yes, that's right 222gers, I said to my son last night, that how it used to be.

I didn't go, he did, that's what its supposed to be like and I bet everyone who went was entertained.

We all know football success and an upward swing is based on an amalgam of luck, good fortune, hard work and skill. Putting that all together makes for something special.

The Board and DoF have been trying this with numerous combinations since Warnock as we know. At long last....... :idea:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am

Exactly, gents. It was entertaining and classic rocking Loftus Road. Keep this up and we'll attract the crowds back regularly.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am
Exactly, gents. It was entertaining and classic rocking Loftus Road. Keep this up and we'll attract the crowds back regularly.
You could tell what it meant to the players too, for the first time this season all 11 of them slowly walked around to greet the crowd and a few joining in with the Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers too, it was good see them all smiling too.
I could hear a lot of people moaning throughout the first half but there was enough to make a decent racket and the second half, after the goal, really got people going. It goes to show that if you get behind the team they respond, so I can only imagine that when the crowd gets on their back it doesn't inspire them to do any better.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

I’m not having any of this ‘it’s all down to the fans’ BS. LR wasn’t rocking first half because the players weren’t giving their all....and Brentford players were... Big change at half time and the Rs up their game, really showed some effort....and got their just rewards with three quick goals and the ground is rocking. It cuts both ways - the team has to show desire and fight, and then they’ll get backed to the hilt by all of us. Yesterday was a great result, place was buzzing....fab day.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 am
You could tell what it meant to the players too, for the first time this season all 11 of them slowly walked around to greet the crowd and a few joining in with the Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers too, it was good see them all smiling too.
I could hear a lot of people moaning throughout the first half but there was enough to make a decent racket and the second half, after the goal, really got people going. It goes to show that if you get behind the team they respond, so I can only imagine that when the crowd gets on their back it doesn't inspire them to do any better.
I thought the team did a lap at the end of the Villa game.

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm

The first half was frustrating as a lot of moves didn't quite come off and Ithought we had a decent pen shout too but the three quick goals knocked the stuffing out of Brent Ford until near the end but we held out.
This team needs and deserves our support.
They are all fit to wear the shirt!
CoyRs

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:48 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:25 pm
Yes, they did.
Locum meum praecepta mea

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:05 pm

DG wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:48 pm
dm wrote:
Yes, they did.
Yep, but not all of them together. Lynch & Leistner I think it was, followed along afterwards and, IIRC, Leistner wanted to give his shirt to a lad in the Lower Loft but was looking over to the bench for permission before doing so.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:18 pm

They came together initially, and were all together opposite me, front row Ellerslie. Then they wandered left and right enthusiastically in response to supporters, and spread out a bit, and then drifted towards the loft.
Locum meum praecepta mea

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:05 pm
DG wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:48 pm
dm wrote:
Yes, they did.
Yep, but not all of them together. Lynch & Leistner I think it was, followed along afterwards and, IIRC, Leistner wanted to give his shirt to a lad in the Lower Loft but was looking over to the bench for permission before doing so.
Yes Lynch and BFG did follow on as they were being interviewed by Sky.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Definitely prefer a "fortress" to a "cave"..... :wink: sofahide
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....