Manager of the Month

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Manager of the Month

Post by QPR_Dan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Will be good to see McClaren collect this tomorrow.

13 points from 5 games in October was a great achievement.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Manager of the Month

Post by 222gers » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Indeed. I've been critical of him and still remain sceptical but he deserves it. I think we need to reserve judgement until the new year. And I said that when he was struggling as well.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm

oh, nooooo, the kiss of death. Here comes Division One naughty naughty
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 pm

Credit where credit's due - and I hope he enjoys it. We're certainly not the finished article, and we do need to improve our attacking transitions/finishing - 15 goals in 16 games won't do, though krama's right to point out that 12 of those (I think) have come in the last 10 games, which is a small but significant improvement. Eze, Hemed and Wells all need to start bagging a few, but we also need both Mass and Freeman (both of whom have been looking dangerous) to pitch in. If injury were to damage the Lynch/Leistner partnership, or we start to become even a bit more porous, I'd be worried again. So more improvement needed going forward between now and Xmas, but the ship certainly looks a lot steadier and more seaworthy.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star