Highlights

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Highlights

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Watching the highlights I'm in agreement with SMc. Two ridiculous decisions robbed us of a point at least. Do we really seem to get more crap refs than other teams, or is that just Perception? Is it because we don't seem to for want of a better word... scare refs. Not that good and not very lucky is a lethal combination too.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Highlights

Post by krama » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 pm

All football fans, of all clubs, are quick to jump on bad refereeing....but only when their team loses.
Very strange, but also very true. ethink

John in Hemel
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by John in Hemel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:51 am

On the basis of yesterday's pen Matt Smith would win 2/3 pens every game.crap refs are par for the course it seems along with ffp.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 am

I wasn't at the game but the mention of time wasting resonates with me. Surely refs can get on top of this? Even if they add on the correct amount of time, it's at the fag-end of the game when the losing team thump the ball upfield in desperation. It's earlier in the game where the damage is done by breaking up the other team's rhythm.
Then again what do you do about the practice of taking the ball to the corner flag and holding it there.....legal but not in the spirit of the game.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 am

krama wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:43 pm
All football fans, of all clubs, are quick to jump on bad refereeing....but only when their team loses.
True. But in the modern game you seem to have to "play the ref" so to speak. I get the feeling that we are a bit slow at realising this. Winning by any means seems the fashion now... and we may have to start doing it soon too. Sad reality really. Of course go three up... and it's all irrelevant :wink:

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:04 am

Damien wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 am
krama wrote:
True. But in the modern game you seem to have to "play the ref" so to speak. I get the feeling that we are a bit slow at realising this. Winning by any means seems the fashion now... and we may have to start doing it soon too. Sad reality really. Of course go three up... and it's all irrelevant :wink:
I was beginning to think we'd need to install a "fainting couch" on the sideline for all the Sheffield softies who kept collapsing - to see grown men acting like that is pathetic
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:04 am
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:
I was beginning to think we'd need to install a "fainting couch" on the sideline for all the Sheffield softies who kept collapsing - to see grown men acting like that is pathetic
Nowhere near as bad as Preston last week 😳

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 am

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am
Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
That must have been truly awful then....

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:12 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 am
wrinklyhoop wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:06 am
Bear-Grills wrote:

That must have been truly awful then....
They are masters of the art, been at it for years. Even survived change of manager, in fact Neil actually joined in at one point!!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:43 am

Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:
As someone on here said the other day, any player going
down with a head injury should have to leave the field for 15 minutes for a concussion test. Then again, I suppose they'd feign injury in some other part of their body,

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:43 am
Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
As someone on here said the other day, any player going
down with a head injury should have to leave the field for 15 minutes for a concussion test. Then again, I suppose they'd feign injury in some other part of their body,
That's a great idea actually...how about a sin bin type thing, if the ref thinks a player is feigning any injury they leave the pitch for say ten mins, no subs and then back on again.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
krama wrote:
It is pathetic BG, and boils my piss. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch football other than Rangers when I can. Whilst not ever remembering a true "Corinthian" spirit in my time... this attitude today seems to be an accepted part of the game. It's becoming very prevalent in this league as teams do anything to get out of it and onto the riches, or at least clinging on like those in the Prem. Of course I'll be completely hypocritical(something I detest in any other aspect of my life) - and say that if it helped us win some games... I'd grudgingly welcome it. Falling in love with a football team makes you do things you'd not normally do. Easy for me to say as I wouldn't have to watch it every week. Be interested to know what regular attendees think though. "Beautiful game" my arse :Rant over :)

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Damien wrote:
It is pathetic BG, and boils my piss. It's one of the main reasons I don't watch football other than Rangers when I can. Whilst not ever remembering a true "Corinthian" spirit in my time... this attitude today seems to be an accepted part of the game. It's becoming very prevalent in this league as teams do anything to get out of it and onto the riches, or at least clinging on like those in the Prem. Of course I'll be completely hypocritical(something I detest in any other aspect of my life) - and say that if it helped us win some games... I'd grudgingly welcome it. Falling in love with a football team makes you do things you'd not normally do. Easy for me to say as I wouldn't have to watch it every week. Be interested to know what regular attendees think though. "Beautiful game" my arse :Rant over :)
I'm both old and old fashioned so I don't want to see my team cheating. I don't think we indulge in the dark arts like many sides apart from the aforementioned sticking the ball against the corner flag. That said I wouldn't mind us having a few hard men - we are a soft touch at the moment. It's not a shrinking violets' game.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:01 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:25 pm
That said I wouldn't mind us having a few hard men - we are a soft touch at the moment. It's not a shrinking violets' game.
Macca, Sean Derry, Clint Hill, Danny Shittu and Mark Dennis - wouldn't be pretty, but you wouldn't want to venture past the centre circle too often with them waiting for you in the other half.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

We definitely lacked someone getting the team going once we went behind. I know that leaders don’t have to be shouting all the time but we seemed awfully quiet and timid out there in the second half.