Hate to say it...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Hate to say it...

Post by Bevan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:38 pm

Hate to say it but we really were very good at home last season ...

What’s happened?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Hate to say it...

Post by 222gers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:45 pm

We were good at times at home last season but there were plenty of games when we looked pretty clueless. Always disappointing to lose the first home game of course. These putative loan signings look vital. Trouble is, strikers are just as hard to find on loan as they are to purchase at our end of the market.
The words winter, hard and long come to mind.

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm

We have 3 strikers all of which nobody would pay more than £100k for!
Injuries to Eze or Freeman and were totally in the sh1t!
I feel this is the year we pay for all the fck ups in the premier league.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm
You could barely make one decent striker out of Smith, Sylla and Washington. If we don't address it... I can't see us getting 40 points this season. The service our strikers get also makes them look terrible. Who was it said we had one of the best mid-field's in this league? :roll:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 pm

I hope the club can make the loan signings count - different manager and system - things will take time to adjust but, this league gives you little time to do so.

thebigfatchef
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by thebigfatchef » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Sorry to say:

SM will be out by December and we will be relegated.
Hope I get proven wrong shifty

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:
You could barely make one decent striker out of Smith, Sylla and Washington. If we don't address it... I can't see us getting 40 points this season. The service our strikers get also makes them look terrible. Who was it said we had one of the best mid-field's in this league? :roll:
I think it is a pretty decent midfield Damien, but we now have a slightly mushy defense to go with our powder puff attack. Once the opposition realise they have little to worry about from our strikers, they feel free to come forward and put more pressure on the midfield who also seemed to be having to drop back to try and pick the ball up and get something moving from the back.

The new BFG looks good, strong and alert, Kakay and Bidwell were OK, and Ingram looked more confident as the game went on, though he needs to work on his kicking which was atrocious at times, so things could improve at the back, but Lynch, despite being good in the air, always looks like a liability to me. You might be right about the Dark Arts however. If that is the way United normally play, I'd rather watch shit sliding down a wall for 90 minutes.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Wasn't there today (but I'll be at WBA next Saturday) so, relied on SSN and the BBC to stay in touch:

Seen the penalty on SSN - it looked very soft.

The BBC stats (as they did many times last season) showed we had more shots 14:8. Once again Freeman/ Eze/ Smith/ Washington/ Luomngo/ Scowen ... take your pick - shot - it's close but just wide.

Our biggest problem from an attacking point of view is our lack of accuracy in front of goal - Chris Kamara did the game for SSN and was at pains to point out Eze scored with his third attempt - all in good goal scoring positions.

We are making chances, just not taking them.

In other news: Fat Frank's Derby losing 4-1 at home to Leeds - Richard Keough having another blinder - I really can't believe some on here were suggesting we buy him (that has cheered me up a little).
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

That performance screamed relegation. Conceding a soft goal when we only had to see it out to half time, then Lynch’s customary stupidity cost us the match. Never really looked like threatening after that.

Thank you Uncle Bungle for everything.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

I'd say 4 good solid loans or we are going down.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Despite all the above comments I still don't miss Ian Holloway.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:07 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:01 pm
Despite all the above comments I still don't miss Ian Holloway.
Me neither. But I don’t see the point in getting McClaren in then giving him nothing to spend in the summer and deplete a chunk of our first team. Seems an impossible job.
We just looked like our old selves today, no real game plan, a lot of breaking off their mistakes instead of creating our own and nothing up front again.
I hope I’m wrong but I genuinely can’t see us moving away from the drop zone all season. Especially after West Brom stuff is next week!

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
I'm just astounded that all 3 amigos (Washington, Smith & Sylla) are still at the club.

We are now paying big-time for the f**kers who ran the club 4 years ago.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:20 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:
I think it is a pretty decent midfield Damien, but we now have a slightly mushy defense to go with our powder puff attack. Once the opposition realise they have little to worry about from our strikers, they feel free to come forward and put more pressure on the midfield who also seemed to be having to drop back to try and pick the ball up and get something moving from the back.

The new BFG looks good, strong and alert, Kakay and Bidwell were OK, and Ingram looked more confident as the game went on, though he needs to work on his kicking which was atrocious at times, so things could improve at the back, but Lynch, despite being good in the air, always looks like a liability to me. You might be right about the Dark Arts however. If that is the way United normally play, I'd rather watch shit sliding down a wall for 90 minutes.
I just think our middle three are too similiar in both stature and ability. Need one wo can open up a defence and a real Shaun Derry type. Of course it's easier said than done given our off-field predicament - but I don't think you can play all three in the same game. The defence is always under pressure because we don't make the ball stick upfront or in the middle. The defence is brittle when constantly under the cosh - but that's understandable at this level. Ingram though OK... is no Smithies unfortunately.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:28 pm

According to SMc we were better today than last week