Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by Bevan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

I am gutted this morning about last nights result, but, it is amazing to see so many players who worked there way through lower league football!

Sterling through our accadamy and walker who we had on loan during our championship winning season!

With the success of the England’s under 17’s / under 19’s and under 20’s this year I would really like to see QPR get some of these young English lads in on loan, give them a chance to play regular first team football to help them develop and us climb our way up the table!

Your thoughts?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20351
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

We are already doing that. Look at how many of our first team squad were U23's or lower in the last couple of seasons.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Folkestone

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by Spencer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am
We are already doing that. Look at how many of our first team squad were U23's or lower in the last couple of seasons.
Correct - its the way forward.

QPR last 5 years..." high profile players" "bignames" - lost our respect....did f..k all for us.
England.......the same.

England this tournament...written off by many after Costa Rica game/before tournament.....by media / fans etc.
Pickford Stones Mcquire Trippier Lingard etc...non household names.....played football....got respect back from fans...and various bandwagon media jumpers. Great management.....more to come.....

QPR this year....looks like following that blueprint....will get thumbs up from me....but we need to give them time....unlike the media who eventually hyped up the England team after the Colombia match...

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by old pauline » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm

I'd like to see an experienced centre back and striker signed actually. As Esox says, I think we have a few of our own youngsters coming through. Though the important thing is that they want to go the extra mile for us, like Furlong, Smyth and Chair.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9619
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Bevan wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am
I am gutted this morning about last nights result, but, it is amazing to see so many players who worked there way through lower league football!

Sterling through our accadamy and walker who we had on loan during our championship winning season!

With the success of the England’s under 17’s / under 19’s and under 20’s this year I would really like to see QPR get some of these young English lads in on loan, give them a chance to play regular first team football to help them develop and us climb our way up the table!

Your thoughts?
I do think we should use the loan market more this season. Not to the exclusion of our own youngsters where they are genuinely ready, but with transfer fees at the level they are now, it would seem counter-productive to discount loans entirely.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5221
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:26 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 pm
Bevan wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am
I am gutted this morning about last nights result, but, it is amazing to see so many players who worked there way through lower league football!

Sterling through our accadamy and walker who we had on loan during our championship winning season!

With the success of the England’s under 17’s / under 19’s and under 20’s this year I would really like to see QPR get some of these young English lads in on loan, give them a chance to play regular first team football to help them develop and us climb our way up the table!

Your thoughts?
I do think we should use the loan market more this season. Not to the exclusion of our own youngsters where they are genuinely ready, but with transfer fees at the level they are now, it would seem counter-productive to discount loans entirely.
I think the issue with loan market is unless it's a player that's actively making a large impact in your team (i.e Aaron Mooy, Tammy Abraham etc), you're essentially investing and training someone else's player - which is unlikely to benefit the team long term; unless of course you have a buyout clause.

Ton-e also mentioned awhile ago he doesn't like loans because the player doesn't feel any allegiance to the club, so doesn't always give 100%. If it doesn't work out, they can leave at the end of their short term duration.
Image

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 pm

I woudnt worry to much about the long term, to have a long term you need to look at the short term & believe me we need all the help we can get.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9619
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:05 am

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:26 pm
I think the issue with loan market is unless it's a player that's actively making a large impact in your team (i.e Aaron Mooy, Tammy Abraham etc), you're essentially investing and training someone else's player - which is unlikely to benefit the team long term; unless of course you have a buyout clause.

Ton-e also mentioned awhile ago he doesn't like loans because the player doesn't feel any allegiance to the club, so doesn't always give 100%. If it doesn't work out, they can leave at the end of their short term duration.
Understand that argument, DEJ, and 2 years ago I would probably have said exactly the same. However, the stratospheric price of even half-decent players in the Championship now makes it all the more difficult to buy the established article in any shape or form. So I agree that our primary strategy should be to buy young players from the lower divisions and develop them alongside our own youngsters. I just think it's self-defeating not to look at loans as well.

I don't think the argument about allegiance to the club is relevant for the type of players that Bevan was referring to, as they would be looking to test themselves and hopefully carve out reputations in a tough league. They're not going to be here for the money, as we have very little.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20351
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Let’s take advantage of England’s future heros

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:27 pm

I see that Reece Grego-Cox has joined Crawley today. It will be interesting to see if he kicks on from there.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Southgate Hoop and 28 guests